Thanks for the pictures SueEDIT: The llamas name was Eskalante, it came from a town in Colorada with that name......I think was the story.
* Isn't this weather just great. 60 degrees this morning. I hope we dont see another 50 degree day honestly.
* Our friend that you have been praying for is doing much better. She is off the ventilator and slowly waking up. Still a long road ahead.
* My wife has been correcting my grammar again. As the Patriarch of our family, I win.
* I didn't get off work until 8:30pm last night. By the time I visited W-spouse, took a shower and grabbed a bite to eat, it was time for bed. I'm tired today.
* News from Daytona yesterday: Dale Jr (who had won the pole position) crashes in practice and moves to the back of the field for the start of the race Sunday (giggle). NASCAR officials announce a reduction in the restrictor plate size (which I stated in an earlier post would happen) for the race Sunday. Nationwide series cars in practice yesterday were running over 202 mph (if that keeps up, they will reduce the size of the plate again). Remember I said that.
* For those of you that don't watch NASCAR. 200 mph is a speed used to determine the highest speed that the cars can perform safely at. Racing is not just about seeing which car is the fastest. Even in NHRA, it's not who is the fastest, it's who's first across the line. A NASCAR Sprint Cup car will start acting more like an airplane at speeds over 200 mph. They are capable of running much faster as long as you have the nose pointed forward, but when that same car gets turned around sideways our backwards, it tends to go airborne.
* I made a refrence to an ESPN announcer yesterday that had made a stupid comment on air. His name is Tony Kornheiser. If you watch ESPNs Pardon the Interruption, you know him well. Yesterday he got cornered by the 5 time Sprint Cup Champion (Jimmy Johnson) and was told that anytime that he wanted to come to the track, he could be his guest and learn something about NASCAR before opening his mouth and stating something about a sport that he knows nothing about. As of yesterday he had backed off of his remarks, stating that he didn't know anything about the sport and that he was sorry.
* Anyway.....I'm pissed about him saying that my favorite sport isn't legitimate. Idiot.
* The two pictures at the top were taken in 1992 on Lake Bridgeport. That's me in the blue shirt. Much skinnier and I had more hair. That is a llama that we had out at the lake and he wanted to go riding. We sure got some funny looks that day. Morris Johnston was the Captain of the ship and his First Mate was Sue Tackel. I was just a deck hand and had to do all the clean up duties!
* And to think, you didn't believe me did you?
* Have a blessed day, see ya Around The Corner!
EDIT: Something I recieved in an email that I thought was cool. Thanks MO!
EDIT 2: Something for all my Nurse friends that you need! Credit BON...Thanks