Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* 58 degrees on the ride over to Justin this morning. This weather is wonderful.
* W-spouse went for her checkup yesterday on her knee. She was told to ease off the crutches and start some therapy. She was doing well yesterday, but when my alarm went off this morning, she wasn't in bed. I checked in the living room and she was crashed in the recliner with an ice pack on her knee. I didn't wake her to find out what was wrong, I just let her sleep and snuck out.
* W-daughter #2 has been fighting a bronchial infection for a week now. She went back to the doctor and as of yesterday, wasn't doing much better. I talked with her last night and her fever was up again.
* Our friend that is sick had another surgery to clean the wound last night. At 9pm I got a call that everything had went well and all hardware was replaced. It all looked great according to the surgeon. Today they want to make aggresive action to remove her from the ventilator. He said that they need to see drastic emprovements over the next few days. Her husband also told me that his employer (which he was on a probationary period with due to new hire status) came to the hospital last night with supper for all the family. His employer also made an announcement to him that they had signed all the paperwork yesterday to move him to full time status, with full benefits and remove him from being a contractor. Prayers answered.
* The meeting that I attended yesterday had very little to do with Homeland Security. Actually, that part of the presentation was only about 5 minutes long. Turns out that it was a big safety meeting.
* NASCAR officially kicks off this morning with the Nationwide cars practicing at 9 am at Daytona.
* An ESPN television announcer stated yesterday more or less that NASCAR was rigged. He's a dumba$$ idiot. 9 out of the top ten cars qualified within 1/1000 of a second apart. How the heck can you rig that? That would be like me making some bold statement about soccer. The only thing I know about soccer is that they use a ball, and are not supposed to touch it with their hands.
* Today is "Do A Grouch A Favor Day". I need to do a few favors today.
* Answers to all your questions. I can assure you that CTM (Candance) wouldn't approve of either my spelling, nor my grammar. So, with that being said, "That's some funny stuff ifin you click on it".
* Papa and I put the welder back together yesterday. I need to get the trailer ready for paint now.
* I haven't forgotten that project, I have just been working a lot lately. That's a good thing.
* Everyone must have been outside yesterday because I took very few hits on my stat counter yesterday.
* Thanks for all the prayers lately. See ya Around The Corner!

11 comments:

wspouse said...

Like Billy said before, prayers are working! Hallelujah!
Glad for NASCAR, believe it or not, I enjoyy it, to a much lesser degree than you. NASCAR is your football. Football is my NASCAR, as far as watching anyway.
Let's talk grammar, yes I knew it wasn't your strong suit when I married you. I will admit it is the one thing I could fix, clearly I was WRONG. There I said it, WRONG. However, I will still try. With that being said..."everything went well or everything had gone well".
I love you ;)

wspouse said...

Oops, typo...how bout enjoy with one y.

aroundthecorner said...

How bout you bite me where the sun don't shine.....love you also, or to, or too. ;-)

wspouse said...

roflmao! I can do that now that I am crutch free.
love you

aroundthecorner said...

Ok, so lets get this straight. She had ALREADY HAD the surgery, he had ALREADY CALLED me so as far as I'm concerned, he was telling me all that in the past tense, so it had already WENT by, not GONE by.............So there!

wspouse said...

whatthehellever spunky

Shayne said...

Now kids, am I going to have to come there and sit you both down and give you a lesson on how to talk to the people you love???? Fix it and apologize to each other.

aroundthecorner said...

She's just talking smack cause I'm at work and can't bend her over my knee. She will be all lovie dovie when I get home!

wspouse said...

lol

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

First, I think that you two are having some kind of weird foreplay. Second, I don't blame you for getting mad, Spunky. When I was a kid, it used to burn me up when someone tried to tell me rasslin' and roller derby were rigged!

tmike said...

Glad your friend is doing better.