Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From The Corner Of My MInd

* 102 degrees in Breckenridge yesterday. To early in the year for that temperature. The wind is supposed to blow harder today than it did yesterday.
* It was Monday on location yesterday.......ALL DAY.
* Our salesman had one of these at the races last week. We had it hooked up to our outdoor audio system. I was so impressed with it that I ordered one for our house. Hook it up, bluetooth it to your phone and you can control your stereo all over the house. It came in the mail yesterday from China via USPS. Less than seven days all the way from China, regular shipping.
* I despise people that racial profile.
* This morning our family is dealing with an issue that cuts my soul to the core. I went to bed mad and woke up mad. I went to bed with a high blood pressure nagging headache and woke up with one at 4am. It's still with me. I ranted and raved about it all night. The one thing I didn't do, is pray about. This morning I drove to a quiet place near here and laid it in his hands.
* I just called W-spouse with an important message. Ooops, I forgot she took the day off and was still in bed. I bet she don't meet me at the door this evening with my pipe and slippers.
* I need to get to work. I will try to add more later when my head clears. See ya Around The Corner!

7 comments:

The Angry Squaw said...

I hate to hear that your family is having troubles corner. I pray that everything smooths over for you quickly. You guys are in my thoughts.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Smart move putting it in God's hands. We all need to do a better job of that. BTW, there's still a good chance Wspouse will meet you at the door with a pipe.

aroundthecorner said...

Yeah, probably a piece of pipe to whack me on the head with!

wspouse said...

I love you anyway, honey, hope you don't have another Monday.
I have the day off, la la la la la la!

janneba said...

See all is well.

Jarhead™ said...

If you don't capitalize "his" when speaking of the Almighty, it just makes it sound like you unburdened to some random guy.

Putting your tribulations in a mortal's hands probably won't work as well as if you gave them to God. :))

Anonymous said...

W becareful in the heat. We are not as young as we used to be.