Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, April 18, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Temperature was in the 70s when I left for work this morning. The sun has risen now and it is windy and humid. I sense an early summer.
* I worked on Saturday and watched the Nationwide race when I got home. Kyle Busch won. It was an exciting race to watch all the way to the finish.
* Bible class and church on Sunday morning, rushing home to watch the start of the Sprint Cup race at Talladega. W-spouse and I watched it from beginning to end. Except she may have caught a nap about halfway. Well, maybe I did too till the announcers woke me up describing a wreck. It was a great race to watch in my opinion. The checkered flag tied for the closest finish in NASCAR history. .002 of a second between 1st and 2nd place. There were 8 cars crossed the finish line in less than a half of a second. The reigning champion Jimmy Johnson won the race, pushed across the line by Dale Earnhart Jr.
* The shingles on the west side of W-baby mommas house blew off in the high winds on Friday. We are deciding whether to go back with a metal roof. Something about the pitch of that roof on the west side of that house has never kept shingles on it in a high west wind. Suggestions?
* Txtrigger, I have a million things to do this weekend, but am shooting for early Saturday morning if you are available?
* Those of you that know me well, know that I have always been the kind of person to help others at the drop of a hat. Something that I have always wanted to do was serve in a mission capacity in some way or another. Our church is taking a mission ministry under our umbrella in a few months called Send Ministries. This may could be a chance for me to do that. Logistically speaking, I don't know where to start, but I will be listening and learning how this works in the next few months. I have talked to W-spouse about this in the past and she is interested as well. Maybe she can go be a nurse and I can be her aide??
* When I got home from work on Saturday, W-spouse and W-stepson had been busy. They had cleaned the whole house, dusted and washed clothes. When that gal gets on a roll, there's no stopping her!
* I started these posts at 6:30am this morning, it is now after 11 and time to get back out again, see ya Around The Corner!

6 comments:

Kathleen... said...

I'm sick to death of the "high winds!!!" They're awful.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

My gosh, Kathleen! Are you going to say that right in front of him?

Kathleen... said...

LOL! An Answers? sighting!!! I've been wondering about you. =)

txtrigger said...

wow! I made the blog. hehe Busy Saturday...we can come by any other time

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Spunky, you and the Whitinater came up in our Elder's meeting tonight. You two are held in high esteem at the church. The consensus is that you and Whit are going to do great things serving God and His family.

Sherri said...

I just went and checked out the Send Ministries website... how cool is that! and such a wonderful outreach program... you two seem like exactly the type of people to minister in this way... shoot, you minister to me frequently, both of you do... and I feel so honored and blessed to have you in my life...

metal roofs... love them!