Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

From The Corner Of My Mind

* It's a cold cloudy morning in North Texas. Not much change for the rest of the week they say.
* W-spouse and I stayed home on New Years eve. Never left the house, or had any company over. That may be a first for me. I also didn't have a drink of anything stronger than iced tea. That could also be a first.
* Yesterday, W-spouse and I went to Shoot Smart in Ft Worth and did some target practice. I only shot four magazines, but she went through at least ten mags. She is getting good and real familiar with her Glock. She is right on target at 3 and 7 yds.
* We went to Cabelas and Academy afterwards. It was a madhouse in Cabelas. I can honestly say that there were close to 100 people standing in the gun purchase line. There was hardly any ammo left. Mostly just shotgun ammo. Academy was the same way, no ammo. Craziness.
* Just about everyone in my immediate family, here and in Austin have been sick with this crud. I haven't felt right since before Christmas. I can't get rid of these symptoms, and I've taken all kinds of meds.
* Mr. Answers reminded me at church on Sunday that I am having rock park withdrawals. I hope to go out there this weekend, although I see working on Saturday in my future.
* He also FORGOT to let us know that we were  not having Bible class on Sunday morning. When I called and asked him about it, he told me that it would be a good time for me to set and spend an hour in prayer. I took that to mean that he didn't think I pray enough, and probably needed more practice.
* Has Duck hunting just now became wildly popular, or has it always been?
* To the best of my knowledge I have never shot a Duck. I don't even know the differences in all of them. How the heck do you tell the difference before you shoot? My eyes aren't that good.
* The rig operator that I work with bought me a pair of camo coveralls. Not the cheap kind either, they are waterproof and are the kind that zip all the way up the legs. He said "they are mucho grande." Smartass....
* He's a great guy and has an incredible work ethic. I have been working with him for nearly six years and he's never called in sick. He's never been late to location, and has always been at least 30 minutes early. He's a terrific family man and also a pretty good hand at team roping.
* We got to keep both of the grand kids on Monday all day. We had a blast. Although I had to escape for a short while. When I returned home they were both hiding behind the curtains in the family room. Sophie was giving up their location though.
* W-stepson heads back to Georgia to finish basic training on Thursday evening. Then he's off to Hawaii.
* Have a great day my friends, see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

I think you work with some truly neat people.

And, where'd you go??