Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Years

2012 Thoughts
* Finally got the Jeep that I've always wanted.
* Spent the first three months modifying the Jeep.
* Redesigned the backyard and built a swing set/playhouse for the grand kids to play on.
* Did a complete makeover to the kitchen area of our home.
* My wife and I decided to spend more time in church, and with God.
* Watched the last one of our children graduate high school.
* Added a Labradoodle puppy to the family.
* Spent three months wondering if one of my children would ever speak to me again.
* Went to the ER with heart attack like symptoms. False alarm.
* Turned 50 years old, and celebrated that fact with the very closest of family and friends.
* Spent a week in Mexico for the first time in my life. Most of the week spent laying out on the beach.
* Watched our youngest son swear in to the US Army and leave for basic training.
* Purchased a Kawasaki Teryx4 side by side.
* Set beside my cousin/brother/best friend in ICU for a week after a tragic accident paralyzed him, possibly for life.
* Cried. A. Lot.
* Spent a lot of time after the accident thinking about changes that needed to be made in my life.
* Travelled back and forth to Houston more times than I remember.
* Found a 16' utility trailer and restored it.
* Continued working at a great job that I love.
* Started using Mac instead of PC.
* Learned that I would be a grandfather for the third time.
* Remained in a group text for the year.
* Either read or listened to 20 or more books and audiobooks.
* Lastly, spent the last hour of 2012 posting this to my blog.

Happy New Years to my family, friends and faithful blog readers!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy New Year to you and W-spouse.

The two of you have blessed me with encouragement, support, and courage throughout the year.

Thank you!

Sending love & light your way

janneba said...

Happy New Year to you guys.

Ratherbesailin' said...

Back at you.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

I thank God that he brought you and Whitney into our lives. You are a blessing to us.

vicki said...

Happy New Year Dad!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog has let me deeply know the wonderful man that you are. I appreciate and love you. Here's hoping 2013 will be a good year for all of us. Mo

Shayne said...

Love you and Sister in law! Thanks for sharing this year on your blog. Hope 2013 will be a great year for everyone.