Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* W-stepson #2, his girlfriend, and his friend came over to watch Sons Of Anarchy last night. W-spouse did not make the show, she was fast asleep by 7pm. This show just keeps getting better. Makes you wonder just exactly what happens within the ranks of an MC.
* The producers had Katie Sagal made up to look really bad last night because she was in the hospital. Didn't help my fantasies of her. She's on the run again, next week she will be in top form!
* I'm back on location this morning with my regular crew and company man. Lifes good.
* W-dogs groomer had knee replacement surgery and his appointment got canceled this month. He is looking really shaggy right now. Might have to try and get him in somewhere else.
* Dog groomers stay busy all the time. That will be a job that will always be here, like doctors, firefighters and nurses. Unlike working the ups and downs of the oilfield.
* I added a site counter here this morning. It is way down at the bottom.
* What a bunch of goobers. The big guy to the right of center appears to be using the F bomb!
* W-moms foot is just about healed, but she's doing therapy 3 times a week for 4 weeks. She was dreading that.
* I have jumped on the Rangers bandwagon. I have watched most of the games the last two nights. That is more baseball than I have watched in the last 20 years all combined.
* Two nights ago I couldn't tell you who Benji Molina was. I now know that he gave up baseball at the age of 15 because someone told him that he wasn't any good. He took his cleats and tied the strings together and threw them over a high line wire. Somehow a few years later, he ended up in Arizona playing ball, then to the Rangers. Or something close to that. I wasn't really listening that close.
* I have never been to the new stadium. Or the new Cowboys stadium.
* I got an email of a guy commuting to work in Germany on a motorcycle. He is absolutely nuts. He is splitting lanes of traffic on the rear wheel at 60-100 mph. It's crazy. If I can find it I will post it. It's 6 minutes long, but it's captivating.
* I split traffic two times when I was riding my bike. Once, it was the ONLY option I had, the other I was being stupid.
* I miss Matilda!
* It's going to be weird not having a project already to work on this weekend. Papa will probably come up with something between now and then.
* I recieved a compliment yesterday on one of my daughters from someone that is known to be a Fire Breathing Dragon. Be careful who you judge just because of the comments they make on local blogs. Sometimes they are really just a kitten in disguise.
* Gotta run, see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it really still a new stadium if it is more than 10 years old?