Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sad Day!

I first saw her on October 22, 2002. She was beautiful sitting there just waiting for me. I had anticipated this moment for many years. I knew the moment that I saw her that she would be mine. I took her home that cool evening anticipating the many hours that we would spend together. And we did, 36,322 miles together. She only failed me one time, and to be honest it wasn't entirely her fault. Just like any fine female, you must treat her with respect and dignity. If not, sooner or later she will leave you setting. I spent the last eight years from time to time in deep thoughts together. I could go anywhere with her and never be embarrased to be seen with her. In fact, most everyone we encountered together thought she was the prettiest thing they had ever seen.  We spent countless hours on the road together just clearing the air and lost in the radio together. She was a great friend to others, and never caused any problems withing our group get togethers. We once spent 9 days together on a trip to North Dakota. Never once failing to do what I asked, and when I asked to do it. She weathered storms and hail all the way back, never once did I hear her whimper. In the last few years I have neglected her in the fact that I haven't spent as much time with her. She still got the beauty treatments from time to time, and I made sure she was pampered. She never complained though. After much debating we came to a conclusion. She needed a better home. It didn't take very much advertising  for someone to recognize her attributes. He came today and took her from me. I watched her roll away and will forever be greatful for the memories, and the time we spent together.

Goodbye "Matilda" you will be greatly missed!



6 comments:

W wpouse said...

Honey I know it was hard to say goodbye, but I'm proud of you. On to the next phase of life.
Love you,
W spouse

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Memories, how they linger in our mind's.

Anonymous said...

When I first read this... I thought how awful for someone to have an animal for most of it's life then just give it away. Bad Wendell! Bad Bad Wendell.

Then, I re-read it and re-read it and finally caught on due to the "I watched her roll away" and your wife's comment. LOL

You had to get rid of a "Boy Toy"! Am I right?

janneba said...

Know just how you felt.

Propagandist said...

You're bound to live longer not riding a donorcycle.

Anonymous said...

Wendell, you gave away the only true thing that has taken care of you. shame on you. poor matilda. may she never want you again.