Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The weather forecasters are saying that today is our last day of near 100 degree temperatures. I find that hard to believe.
* Yesterday was quite possibly the hottest day that I have endured so far this year. The wind was searing hot. As hot as I was, I'm sure those firefighters fighting the fires were even hotter. It had to have been miserable.
* Jar yesterday posted a physiolgical find a word. The first three words I saw were "maniac, suicide and naked".  I have been called a maniac once or twice. I have committed suicide a few times, actually job suicide, and I have been naked a few times.
* KHI, Kevin Harvick Inc. is shutting down his truck racing next year. That is just one less time I have to look at him. He wants to concentrate on the Sprint Cup Championship.
* My youngest daughter is 22 today. Someone tell my life to SLOW THE HELL DOWN!
* You have to be kidding, right? Who would have ever thought that.
* I need to get to work, see ya Around The Corner!


1 comment:

Judy said...

Life, unfortunately just seems to go faster the older we get. I can't believe your youngest is 22 today either!
Just try to enjoy every minute! :)