Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, September 2, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* I am typing this using the new Google Blogger format. There is a feature at the top that is called scribe. It allows multiple suggestions as you type. If you get stuck looking at a blinking cursor, and can't think of anything to write about, it will suggest words for you to include.
* W-spouse said that I need to incorporate this feature in my real life. There are many times when I get stuck saying something to her and should have a tool such as this to input the correct words instead of the actual words that I said.
* I'm all about saying the right thing. It usually helps when the lights go out and you are getting all snugly in bed at night.
*Attitudes become thoughts, which become words, which become actions, which become habits, which become character, which determines destiny. I read that this morning. So very true.
* "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." Abraham Lincoln
* I tried in vain once again to be off work yesterday and today. Things are just to busy right now. I will be off for the three day weekend at least.
* Those firefighters were still actively working that fire near my daughters house yesterday. They were clearing a path all the way around it to keep it from starting up again, and putting out the hot spots.
* The fire at PK is still going strong. On the news last night they said that it was only 50 percent contained.
* My daughters wedding shower is Saturday at Pleasant View Baptist church. She is so excited, as we all are. This wedding is coming on fast.
* On my way to work this morning, I passed a field, and in that field there must have been 50 people dove hunting.
* I forwarded my letter about the firefighters to the "letter to the editor" in our local papers. One of those papers contacted me back yesterday and asked if they could run it as a guest column. ATC is going big time!
* W-stepson is going to have quite the fan base in the stands tonight. There are nine of us going from just my side of the family.
* We purchased both of the grand kids Decatur Eagle cheerleader uniforms. I hope to get pictures to post.
* Have a great Labor Day weekend, see ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

Judy said...

I will be at the game tonight. Coming in to see my folks and watch my nephew play. Hope to see you there!

aroundthecorner said...

Our seats are in the upper section reserved, home side of course on the 45 yard line south end. Tiffany and Madison are also coming tonight. Please drop by and see her, she would be thrilled to see you. Who is your nephew?

Kathleen... said...

Whoo-hoo! Watchin' for the paper!

And I so robbed your blog of the beautiful thoughts/quotes on character. I love them. Thanks for posting. =)

Hey, send me the addy/registry for your AlmostAWife Daughter?

Doc Feelgood said...

Ditto K's comments above on character. Good post.