Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

From The Corner Of My Mind

* It's foggy out there this morning. Visibility around Decatur wasn't to bad, but by the time I got over around Justin, it was less than a 1/4 of a mile. Temperature in the mid 40s.
* Saturday morning early I attended a Mens breakfast at church. Mr Henderson gave  brief message about trust and relationships with your Brothers in Christ.
* I will be providing the meal, and speaking at the next breakfast on March 3rd.
* It's Valentines day. Today, instead of sending W-spouse flowers or candy I want to express my love to her here. Now before you go calling me a cheap ass or a tightwad, I sent her flowers last week. Just because. She has also received a few other gifts in the last few weeks and she will be getting a kitchen makeover in the very near future. Something she has wanted since we moved into the house 6 years ago.
* W-spouse, I was reading my devotional this morning and of course the topic was Valentines Day. In it, the author touched on Ephesians 5:22 where it says "submit to your Husbands as to the Lord". He goes on to explain "Submit" translates to hypotasso, a Greek word that describes the voluntary decision to support a person for his benefit. In no sense does it suggest that the wife is inferior to her husband in any way. Rather, it reflects the husband's great need for his wife's encouragement and respect. Before he needs the affirmation of anyone else, he needs the support of his wife. Her choice to respect and encourage her husband is her greatest gift to him, on Valentine's Day or any other.
In turn, husbands are to "love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" Ephesians 5:25. A wife's great need is to know that she is her husband's first love under Christ. Before she needs the commitment and affection of anyone else, she deserves to know that she comes first in her husband's life. She should be more important to him than his work, ambitions, or any other priority. Such unconditional commitment is his greatest gift to her, on this day or any other.
My gift to you today is to say these things. You have my commitment to our relationship before anything else. Your full support of me and my endeavours is endless and I don't tell you enough how much that I appreciate it. You are first in my thought each day, my first need each day. My affection for you is still as strong today as it was the day we married. I love you. I will always love you. I submit to you.
* This morning I had the sweetest card on my vanity from my wife.
* If I keep all this sappy writing up, I might get something else for the Jeep.
* The group text this morning was borderline mushy about the Valentines Day love for one another. It was even funnier to learn that one of the group was still lying in bed snuggled under the covers while texting.
* W-mom was very sick yesterday. Keep her in your prayers and Papa while he tends to her.
* Happy Valentines Day my friends.
* Don't forget to tell someone you love them today, see ya Around The Corner!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you love W so much & hope you know how much I appreciate & love you. Hope your mom is completely better today. Mo

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Outstanding scripture reference and explanation! Good job, my friend.

janneba said...

Very nice post for W-spouse. Must be something in the air I was ill all day yesterday don't feel that great today but lots better than yesterday
Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Also, I enjoyed seeing your mom at Church and meeting your sister.

Anonymous said...

Am a little better today, but still not 100%. This stomach virus is tough. Thank you for your prayers. Mom

wspouse said...

Honey thank you do much for the perfect words.
I love you

an Donalbane said...

I agree with Answers 9:05. Amen.

Kathleen... said...

Wow.

Just wow.

I admire you two so much....and I think your ability to express beautiful things is amazing, Mr. Corner. You got me all choked up.....

HAPPY Valentine's, Mr. & Mrs. Corner. xoxo