Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, February 13, 2012

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Raining and a small amount of sleet this morning on the drive over to Drop TX. 34 degrees, with more rain expected today.
* Friday I went and picked up the bumpers and with a cold North wind blowing, W-spouse and I managed to get them installed, along with the winch before 9pm.
* Saturday we took it out on the trails, but W-spouse didn't want to go down any trails that we might even need the winch. She likes taking all the easy trails. Me, I like a little more of a challenge. Sunday after church, W-baby mom and I went back out to the OHV park and gave the winch a workout for the first time. I let her drive around on some smaller trails and even climb a few hills. She has a wild side about her, kind of like her dad.
* After riding around all day on Saturday, I was checking all the bolts on the bumpers and found two of them that I had neglected to tighten in my haste to get them on.
* Sunday morning we went to Bible class and church. Mr Answers delivered the message in our class and did a great job getting everyone involved. His message? Transformation. Which made me think since then about it. I have seen a huge transformation in my family and in my life in the last 6-7 years. You can bet that I also believe that God played a huge part in that.
* W-mom and W-sister attended the morning worship service with us and it feels so good to have your family there with you at church. We all had lunch at Catfish O'harlies after church.
* I hate snow. Unless it snows enough to shut everything down, and I don't have to work in the mess. Then it's fun to go riding around the back roads trying to keep from getting stuck.
* The text message group are giving me a hard time right now because I'm blogging. I told them I don't have the luxury of sitting by the fireplace or in a warm office blogging like others do. Pfft, as one of them would say.
* Well folks, it's that time again. This Thursday is media day at Daytona Speedway. Which means, this Saturday night is the Bud Shootout. Which in turn means, one week till the official kick off of the 2012 NASCAR season.
* ATTENTION W-SPOUSE: I call dibs on the big screen Saturday from about 6pm till 11 pm. I will also be calling dibs on the big screen nearly every Sunday about noon for the next 10 months. JFYI !!
* It's going to be an exciting season with all the changes that have been made. Not only with the cars, but with  the drivers, crew chiefs and team changes.
* One of the other service companies representative just showed up out here and brought me the breakfast of champions. A McDonalds sausage biscuit.
* Be careful out there today, and see ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

ratherbesailin' said...

A Mac sausage biscuit followed by a sausage McGriller is the perfect way to start the day.
Have a good one!

Unknown said...

Totally agree about the snow. Unless it shuts everything down I could do without!!!

Kathleen... said...

On my WhenI'mOld roster: a bacon/egg/cheese McBiscuit whenever I damn well please! YumMY.

I tried to induce labor w/a Kid once doing the trail thing. Didn't work. Had a bf once refer to me as "Andretti" because of the way I like to drive...to this day...zzzooooommm.

[although, Sir Sheriff, I abide by those speed limit signs. Most of the time?] lol

RPM said...

It's about time to hear some thunder on the track! I'm looking forward to watching as much of SpeedWeek as I can!

My underdog prediction is Kurt Busch. He's in a Hendrick experimental team at Phoenix Racing turned some really fast times in the #51 during testing.

If he runs smart, he'll make The Chase. Then we'll see what kind of equipment Hendrick gives him.