Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Temperature around 70 this morning with south winds blowing strong again. Not good for the firefighting efforts out west. They need rain.
* I am working again this morning. I had to tell me myself that I didn't HAVE too, I GET too.
* It was a long night after a very busy day yesterday at work. I hit the ground running yesterday morning at 6:30 am and didn't stop till 6pm last night. When I got home, Madison was staying the evening and W-spouse was trying to get her down for a nap. She was fighting it for all she was worth. I changed clothes and laid her on my chest(just like I used to do her mother) and she started out fighting me. I won and she finally went to sleep. So there I laid on the bed with her on my chest, you can guess what happened next. Her and I awoke around 9pm, about the same time her mother was coming to pick her up. We sure slept good.
* Ava G was staying the night with us and she showed up while Madi and me were sleeping. W-spouse gave them a bath after Madi woke up and we all played on the bed for a while. After Madison went home, then we tried to get Ava G to go to sleep. She wanted nothing to do with me, and when I finally dozed off W-spouse had her on her chest nearly asleep. She woke up twice crying in the middle of the night. At some point W-spouse took her in the living room and they both went to sleep in the rocker/recliner. That's where they were when I snuck out the door at 5:30am this morning.
* Needless to say, I am tired, and I bet W-spouse isn't going to be doing any marathons this morning.
* What happened to "spoil them and send them home"?
* In that picture below, my uncles are 56. I will be 49 in June and my dad will be 68 in June.
* It is a beautiful sunrise this morning.
* Kyle Busch won the CWTS race at Nashville last night. He also has amassed over 20,000 laps lead in his career. Amazing numbers for a guy his age. Again I say. He will be a familiar face in the Winners Circle in all three series for a while. We better get used to that. Another fact. He has already this year, won 2/3 of the total races. In the CWTS and Nationwide series.
* I watched another show on the Speed channel last night called the Bristol Time Trials. They take different classes of cars and motorcycles and try to break the overall speed record on the half mile high banked track. An open wheel Sprint car broke the record at over 140 mph on a half mile track. A motorcycle broke the two wheeled record at just over 100 mph and in a stock street car, a 600 hp supercharged Mustang broke the stock street car record at over 97 mph. I would like to do that.
* Actually I got to go wide open full throttle on the Texas Motor Speedway an my motorcycle. They would not let us get on the high banks, but you could go full out on the straights. That was so much fun. I know you want to know. Top speed on my speedometer showed 105. That was the fastest I ever had Matilda up too.
* Some of the comments over at LL on this post make me sick. Some are Trolls, but some are serious. The people that make such comments are no different than the two girls beating up the other one.
* Time to work for a while, see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Most of that crap are posted by cowards hiding behind being anonymous.