Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The wind is blowing from the Northeast over in the Ponder area. It is also drizzling rain. Chance of rain is 30% today.
* I watched the videos of that fire around Possum Kingdom Lake last night on all the major stations. It is horrific. They were reporting that the fire had grown yesterday to twice its size from the day before. It is now 153,000 acres large. If I have my math right, which I usually don't, that is 239 square miles.
* I helped fight the Jackerwise Fire. Here is part of an article I found about it.
((That fire season included the 16,000-acre "Jackerwise" fire that destroyed 55 homes, 86 buildings and 87 vehicles in parts of Jack, Wise and Parker counties.))
When I was on that fire I remember thinking just how big it was. Driving down 199 for eight miles and seeing nothing but burn area. I can't even begin to imagine 153,000 acres.
* Hopefully this wind change will push it back into the burn area and they can get control over it today.
* I heard yesterday that Possum Hollow was burned to the ground. I used to be known to hang out there a few times.
* After a whole lot of drama to start the week, I recieved some great news last night. A price increase on some of our equipment has led to me getting a pay increase. God works in mysterious ways. I laid it all in His hands yesterday.
* After Jar decided to start Tweeting, I started doing it again. So far it has mostly been him and I aggrivating each other. I'm going to add some Nascar drivers on there when I get the chance. I will bet that I lose Jar after that.
* Thanks for all the comments about the A Killing Time post. It seems the majority of my readers feel the same way. W-daughter wanted to comment and I am sure she will at some point, but I told her to calm down before she does.
* I was very emotional when I wrote that. Shut up Jar.
* Have a great Wednesday, see ya Around The Corner! 

8 comments:

Jarhead™ said...

If you start adding NASCAR drivers I'll start adding soccer players.

Then we'll see who loses whom.

wspouse said...

Honey are you twitterpated?
Have a great day, love you.

Anonymous said...

Watching the news lastnight brought tears to my eyes..How heart breaking to see so many families lose everything they have worked for..Praying hard for them to recover and to put those fires out..
~Boyd Fan

The Angry Squaw said...

I don't even get what twitter is all about..... :-/

aroundthecorner said...

I thought it was twitterbatted?
Either way...I am if you want me to be. Is that some sort of slang for me getting lucky tonight? :-) :-) :-)

wspouse said...

Look spunky, I'm now highly offended that you are not aware that "twitterpated" is line from the Disney movie Bambi. Sheez, really! So, guess what I'll be purchasing under the guise of "for the gbabies", Bambi. And guess who's gonna watch it? Papaw

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Is there anything that you won't agree to, to get lucky? lol

Sherri said...

i love twitter.... i've been tweeted, twitted, retweeted... and some other words that probably shouldn't be listed here ha!

FB gets kinda slow and boring but twitter... woot! fast action... and good resource for junk