Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* It's a cool 38 degrees this morning. Temperature is going to rise into the upper 60s today. I'm questioning that.
* As you can tell in an earlier post, W-spouse came home yesterday sporting a new hair-do. I'm questioning that also.
* I'm like longer hair on gals. Yeah I know, hard to take care of and wash and blah blah blah. I still like it. But I have to say, this new style on her looks good. She's probably questioning that, because I had that "deer in the headlights look" when she walked in.
* It was not a pretty day to be outside working yesterday. Springtime in Texas for sure.
* The pasture that we are working in is around 600-700 acres. We can count nine dead cows from just driving on the lease road. The landowner thinks that coyotes are the problem. He has hired a guy to come in and eradicate some of them. It has been my experience that coyotes don't kill full grown cows. They usually go after calves or weak, sick cows. Another thing that I noticed is that the cattle don't look as good as they should for the amount of grass in the field. Some of them are borderline poor. I think he has another problem. Ideas?
* When we first started working in this area there wasn't a house in sight. Now there are huge subdivisions all around which could lead to the coyotes being closed in in this one area.
* My blog, I can talk NASCAR anytime I want to. "So it is written, So let it be done".
* I recieved an email layout of our camping spots. We are getting excited about the races coming up next week. Be prepared for a full week of NASCAR blogging.
* I just heard a song on the radio. Flashback......Peaches and Herb........Reuninted. Wow that was a long time ago.
* Now it will be stuck in my head all day.
* I beat W-spouses time on the Pit Crew game yesterday. Her best time was 12.47, mine was 11.22. She tried numerous times to beat me last night but finally gave up. She's a poor loser.
* Her and I might need to get a grandbaby fix tonight.
* Not intirely true. Most people have a few of these and just overlook them.
* I'm awake people, lets get back to work!
* Time to get out and go to work, see ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

The Angry Squaw said...

I don't know, are you sure it's actually good grass in the field? I know I've seen too many people with horses in the field and they think that just because it's green out there, that there is enough nutritious grass to support the animals, when in reality it's a lot of scrub and weeds. Poor moo cows :-(

Shayne said...

I an sticking my tongue out at you right now! :,)

Sherri said...

i love w-spouse's new do!

i'm a very short haired kidna girl...coach liked it long and told me i couldn't chop it all off... i did anyway... now he won't let me grow it back out... likes the funky punky look ... imagine that

enjoy the grandbaby! i miss mine so! i don't get to see them often and they don't even live that far away.. life gets in the way dang it

RPM said...

Sounds like disease to me, possibly blackleg. He's got cattle dropping like flies and he isn't calling a vet? Not much of a cattleman.