Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* 54 degrees this morning in Decatur. Temperatures near 70 today with a chance of thunderstorms late this evening.
* The person that I work with that I asked prayers for yesterday, his wife is no better. I haven't heard anything this morning, but please continue to join me in praying for them.
* Our friend that you prayed for last week may get to come home today. She has passed all the therapy tests and is doing better, mentally and physically. Praise God.
* I finished painting the welding trailer yesterday. Im going to try to put the lights and license plate light and license plate on today.
* The welder is going to get painted with spray cans. That I can do with minimal problems.
* Going to look at the Swap Meet this weekend in Decatur for a couple of aluminum wheels or maybe some hubcaps to dress up the wheels a little.
* One of the commentors suggested that I had to much air pressure in my spray gun causing the orange peel effect. I adjusted it at the regulator, up and down, at the paint pot, up and down, and at the spray gun up and down. I thinned the paint, poured it out and thickened it multiple times. That was frustrating not figuring that out. I have a new found respect for painters today. That is an art, and it takes someone with a whole lot more patience than I have.
* W-spouse went to the Doctor yesterday and got some good drugs. She's doing better already. She starts therapy on the knee today. That might change the way she feels real quick.
* 95% of my readers link off of the Liberally Lean site.
* Less than 1% Google my site.
* 50% stay for one minute or less.
* 35% stay for over 5 minutes.
* I'm averaging 200 hits a day. I'm good with that.
* If the commentor that lives in Ft Madison Iowa will contact me, my sister would like to email you.
* He's back!
* I laid in bed till 1am last night staring at the TV. I hate it when I do that.
* Time to go to work, see ya Around The Corner!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get some "spinner" hub caps for your trailer!!

Kathleen... said...

Stop worrying about that ol' Site Meter -- it's nothing. Your words are for your self-examination, the outreach of communication and personal enjoyment. Some of the nastiest people on the planet have huge entourages...but I wouldn't be caught dead in their air space. ;-) Numbers, schmumbers.......

I'm truly sorry about your friend. Life is so very fragile....=(

Your project thing looks nice black. =) DON'T let me forget to give you Mrs. Corner's deco-project when I see you next!

Anonymous said...

From now on I am going to LL from your web site.

ratherbesailin' said...

Me too.

Anonymous said...

Did I see you pulling the welding trailer this evening. When you can't sleep try some of W-Moms pickeld okra. It is excellent. Your blog is the first one I check.
From
Up The Road

aroundthecorner said...

Yep, that was I.

an Donalbane said...

No pinstriping?

tmike said...

Did you have an moisture separator on your air line. Any oil or moisture coming from your compressor will wreck a paint job.

Prayers for your friend.