Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, January 7, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* It was a cool 35 degrees on the ride over. Colder weather is coming, just don't know how wet and how cold. They are all iffy about it.
* I really hope everyone doesn't think that I wouldn't give anyone a second chance. I have had a few myself. I took advantage of it. Maybe I should have asked if we are becoming a nation of 3rd, 4th and 5th chances.
* Maybe I should be more radical in my questions, I got a lot of responses.
* I couldn't imagine being homeless. I thank God every day for my family and the support that they give me. As long as my mother and Papa are alive and able to pick me up, I think they would.
* W-spouse and I ate at Sweety Pies last night. The bread that they bring you to snack on should be illegal. I didn't dare check my sugar levels when I got home. No........DID NOT have dessert either.
* This morning while I was fueling up, I saw a friend that I used to chat with on the original Wise County Website. I haven't seen her in a long time. Tx Trigger, remember Kay?
* There were again, some amazing colors in the sunrise.
* I don't get the whole skinny girl/guy thing. Being healthy, I totally understand. Being skinny, I don't. I know some very beautiful, healthy(don't forget smart) women that are not skinny. Someone that is very close to me calls it "Fluffy".
* I like "Fluffy".
* The joke around our shop is that our manager hires by the pound. Most of the guys I work with are shaped like me. There are a few exceptions.
* I have said before that I have a stat counter for my blog. It's interesting to watch the trend of visitors. Yesterday there were nearly as many unique visitors as there was return visitors. I also had visitors from both coasts yesterday, but not out of the country. I keep getting one visitor from Australia occasionnaly that links off of the LL blog. Chime in and say hello!
* I haven't had a 500 visitor day as of yet.
* There is going to have to be a lot more interesting topics on here other than me and the grandchildren to top 500 I suppose.
* Gotta run, see ya Around The Corner!

2 comments:

txtrigger said...

I think of the old Wise Co chat days. Would not have ever met that Alaska fisherman without it, even if he did fish for Bass in Alaska. Gosh, can't remember Kay, but I'm lucky to remember where the truck is

Sherri said...

i've been called squishy, but never fluffy... i like fluffy better!

however, i tend to refer to myself as "rubenesque" ha!

statcounter is kind of fun.... and at times addicting... i like watching visitor trends too... i've never had a day of more than 100 visitors... oh well... i don't think i'll ever get to the 500 mark!