Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Thank you Lord for the time off and the for allowing W-spouse and I some quality time together. I don't take that for granted.
* W-spouse and I like wine tasting. We have never tried the one around Alvord. Maybe this weekend?
* The Gruene Hall has not changed one bit since I first went there in 1975. I also visited there on my senior trip in 1980, and many times since then. Wait, at least one thing has changed, the price of a Lone Star Longneck!
* I know very little about the prices of antiques, other than what I see on The Antiques Roadshow. Based on that, I would feel safe saying that our room was furnished in many thousands of dollars in antiques. I would dare say what the bed alone was worth.
* No, we didn't break it.
* We saw a lot of Mexican license plates in Fredricksburg while walking the strip. It must be a popular place for people to come to during the holidays. The streets were packed on a Sunday evening.
* We ate at a German restaurant before heading home. That was good.
* I had forgotten to mention earlier that we had eaten at Texas Reds on Saturday night. W-spouses Mom and Dad drove from Austin to meet us there. A little pricey, but wonderful!
* W-spouse and I got to go visit both the grandbabies yesterday. We even got to take Ava Grace with us for awhile. W-spouse got called in to work and I got to babysit her all by myself for about an hour. She slept peacefully on my chest nearly the whole time.
* I am back at work this morning. After returning this morning I found out that I had only missed working one day, Thursday. They ended up being off Friday and Monday.
* I am now on a mission to return to my welder project. I have to get it back running and painted.
* I have a few projects planned. I said "PLANNED". Planning sometimes goes awry. <--- Is that how you say that?
* Have a blessed day and see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice that you had a good time with Mrs. Corner. =) Your getaway sounded like it was awesome!