Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, December 24, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* We are getting some much needed rain here. Wrap up good if you venture out, it's cold and damp.
* Due to a heavy workload demand, I have postponed our vacation a few days. We will be working till Wednesday, then leaving Thursday morning for Gruene Tx. We have a three night stay in the Gruene Mansion Inn.
* We have two crockpots full of pulled pork, a sopapilla cheesecake, peanut butter cookies, a pumpkin spice bar cake, a cheese ball, stuffed Brie Bread, crushed Oreo balls covered in chocolate waiting on the festivities tonight. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of all the kids and grandkids.
* I ventured out early this morning to pick up one last gift for W-spouse. While waiting for it to be wrapped, I tested some perfumes. I must have had some overspray, because now I smell like I've been in a strip club.
* I really wouldn't know what that smells like, I've just been told about it.
* W-spouse just came running in with a "Oh Crap" look on her face. Her and W-stepson have convienetly forgotten to get a gift for the person whose name he drew for tonight. Dont tell them I said so, but I wonder sometimes how they remember to put their pants on everyday.
* W-spouse covers call on Christmas day so all the younger mothers can spend Christmas morning with their young children. She's good about things like that.
* W-spouse just dashed out the door enroute to but the last minute gift. Wonder if I would get in trouble if a piece of the Sopapilla Cheesecake was gone when she returned?
* The aromas wafting <---(Deadwood reference) throughout our home right now is overwhelming.
* If you don't know of them, or ever heard of them, check out Mannheim Steamroller. I urge you to just sit and listen.
* I was playing them so loud a few minutes ago, the dog went and hid in the bedroom.
* W-spouse got a new keyboard for Christmas. She has Twinkle Twinkle Litlle Star down pat already.
* It amazing the technology in her keyboard. I think I'm going to have as much fun on it as she does.
* Stay warm, and be safe in your travels. Pray today if you are so inclined. See ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

janneba said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

"Mannheim Steamroller" Love the music along with "The Gift" by Jim Brickman and some Elvis thrown in for some flavor. Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

I know you guys will have a great time. How do I know? Because you GET to.

Anonymous said...

Key board? Guitar? What a duet!