Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The rear view mirror was showing 38 degrees on the drive over this morning. Forecast for the rest of the week is very cool and windy.
* W-spouse got called back in to work yesterday when I got home. I was going to church. I laid down on the bed for a few minutes and the next thing I knew, the phone was ringing and it was her coming home. Around 9pm.
* Then when we got in bed, quess who couldn't go to sleep?
* Does anyone still count sheep when they can't go to sleep, or just pop an Ambien?
* I don't do either, I just watch TV.
* I once owned every Kenny Rogers 8 track that he had out. While visiting the Corner Drug store in Bridgeport one day, around 1981, someone stole them from the seat of my pickup.
* They also stole a shotgun. Merry Christmas to whoever did that.
* W-daughter #2 got a puppy for Christmas. A designer dog. A Shorkie !
* If that girl could afford to take care of them, she would have a farm with every kind of animal that would be legal to own. I once bought her a pair of Donkeys. They were "supposed" to be very young, as in not able to breed yet young. After a few months went by we had a baby Donkey. She was thrilled.
* I need to spend part of the day online finding a few Christmas presents. I keep putting it off.
* We have Christmas with our kids on Christmas Eve every year. We usually have them play a game to compete for prizes and gift cards. One year it was Bingo, one year a Chinese Puzzle, then Wii bowling, and last year we paired them up to put together a 300 piece crossword puzzle. I can't reveal this years theme, but there will be video after Christmas. It's going to be hilarious.
* We are having Christmas with Papa and Mom this weekend. Lookout Dos Chilis, here we come !!!
* There are only two presents under our tree right now. It's driving W-spouse nuts. Not that we haven't already purchased a lot of things, because we have. She just can't stand not having presents under the tree. She didn't think I was funny when I told her to just wrap a bunch of empty boxes if it would make her feel better.
* Hope you have a wonderful day, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: