Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, October 22, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* There are a lot of things on my mind today. Most will not be listed here.
* Funny how life can change in the blink of an eye. One minute were walking along and all is good, the next minute our lives MAY have changed forever.
* The ranch house on the place where I am working has a three hole golf course in their backyard. Complete with a high fence all the way around it to catch stray golf balls. It looks to be about 3-4 acres in size.
* It is surrounded by a huge coastal field that is very well maintained.
* There are mny homes being built in this area. It won't be long until the growth approaches Decatur from the south.
* I had a friend tell me yesterday that he was invited to be in a group of ten that have Ranger tickets tonight behind home plate. He accepted.
* I had to delete some comments yesterday on the question of the day post. I know by mentioning it that I am actually giving them the recognition they want, but my thought is this. I wonder just how many comments that BG has to delete that really cross the line?
* W-preggo daughter is having some weird pains according to her. It's more than likely just false labor pains, but I wouldn't be the one to be asking about it. If she is still having them today she is going to get checked.
* I hope she has Madison in the next week so it doesn't interfere with my race plans ;)
* I will probably start referring to her as W-baby momma after she dominoes!
* Her last name also ends with a "W". There are a lot of Ws in our family!
* I passed a pickup and trailer that was on the shoulder of the road this morning going very slowly. They had a flat and was dragging it. Sparks were going everywhere. It's a wonder it didn't start a fire.
* We had to shut down early yesterday because a tool we are running did not work properly. I'm watching them right now and it appears the same thing is happening.
* I better go see what's wrong. Keep my family in your prayers please, see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and yours,hope all gets ok