Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* This morning it was announced that Kasey Kahne has been released from RPMS. He was leaving after this season anyway, but there must be some bad blood there now. He will be driving the Red Bull car at Martinsville this weekend.
* Some of you won't have a clue what that is about. In the Nascar world it's equal to Tony Romo getting released today and playing for the Giants this weekend.
*Jar, grab a cold one, come over and watch. It's really not as "Redneck" as you think! We will get you hooked :)
* We moved to a location this morning that is about fifity feet from some railroad tracks. A train came by a few minutes ago blowing its horn. I nearly jumped out of this seat.
* If you go south on 287 this week look over to the East right before you get to Bonds Ranch road and you will see us!
* I started another game up with a new player on WWF last night. Another college educated individual, that I am sure will smoke me pretty bad. WWF kills my ego.
* W-spouse has gotten bored with WWF. If I had to play me, I would get bored too.
* I got to watch the last two innings of the Ranger game yesterday. Wasn't pretty.
* We need some rain. My yard needs it, and the pastures need it.
* I noticed that the video of the gun that I posted doesn't show up on my Iphone. Unrecognizable file?
* That is a lot of funerals.
* Is everything in Wise county related to high school football, or is that any county in Texas?
* I have a post in mind about high school football that is sure to cause turmoil at Around The Corner household. I would like to have some perspectives other than mine on a few topics. It can wait till the season is over.
* W-preggo daughter and W-daughter #2 was on the phone with me yesterday and they started discussing a Mucus plug. I told them that was more information than a father needed to be hearing about. Grossed me out.
* Probably TMI for you also, see ya Around The Corner!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I love reading this... i wished i could all the time... neways... sorry i discussed you yesterday,lol before too long madi is going to be here...i cant wait..love ya daddy

Jarhead™ said...

Oh, I've watched NASCAR races before. All those circles made me dizzy and I had to get drunk to stop everything from spinning.

Unknown said...

Lol, that is greatness! I would have to get drunk just to enjoy it somewhat I think!