Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, October 4, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Company man told me to that I wasn't going to be needed today, so I started working on the welding trailer. About the time that I got everything strung out, he called me back in to work.
* I'm very glad to be back working again.
* We got the transmission installed back in the pickup yesterday after church and took it for a test spin last night. Now there sounds like a noise coming from the rear differential. Sheeeez!
* I love our church. I have yet to walk out of that place and not feel fulfilled. Our preacher is such a down to earth guy, and he's very dedicated. His wife rocks also!
* Someone buys donuts and puts them out in the foyer at church every Sunday. That practice needs to stop.
* Either stop it or buy sugar free donuts :)
* W-spouse is still having trouble sleeping all night. She was up at 3 am doing laundry. It is going to be a long day for her. Then she is going to be on call all this weekend. No rest for the weary.
* The Battle of the Big Sandy is this Friday night. These two teams have done some crazy things, the week before the game, to each other. I really hope it doesn't get out of hand this week.
* Of course I will be blogging about it this week, because I am currently an Eagles backer!
* I have not missed many Decatur vs Bridgeport football games in the last 10-15 years and it has been standing room only in either place we played.
* The weather the last few days has been just beautiful. We do need a rain though. The yard is getting dry.
* I spent a fortune on water sprinklers last year. Thankfully I haven't even had them on this year.
* W-dogs groomer had knee surgery and canceled his appointment last week. He is looking kind of shaggy. Get well Kim, we need you back!
* W-dog is losing his eyesight and hearing. He can be asleep on the couch and you can unlock the door and walk in before he ever hears you. His mobility is still excellent though.
* My hearing isn't so good either though. Last night when taking the truck for a test ride, W-spouse and W-stepson could hear a noise that I couldn't. They were getting frustrated at me because I couldn't hear it.
* Hearing loss runs in my family. Diabetes doesn't, but I have it anyway.
* Baldness runs in my family. Unfortunately I inherited that trait many moons ago.
* Males in my family generally are good looking. I inherited a lot of that :)
* That all for now, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: