Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, September 20, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* It's Monday and I'm still not working. Thanks Obama.
* We were reconized at church and didn't have to fill out a visitors card.
* Our message during class and worship service centered around forgiveness. I sure need to work on things in that area, especially with family.
* Yes, I forgive the person who left the buggy that crashed into our pickup.
* No, it doesn't change the way I feel about the people who leave them.
* I'm starting Monday out with a "Do Over".
* That bridge over 730 on 287 is taking a long time to get finished.
* I wish that I understood job lettings for the State, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of money to be made in that area.
* W-spouse and I got to keep the grandbaby for a few hours Saturday night. Ava got mad at some point and Gran couldn't get her to quit crying, I took her and within a few minutes had her sleeping quietly on my shoulder. Gran was not happy about this turn of events. When she woke up again, Gran took her to the bedroom and shut the door. I didn't get to hold her again all night.
* ATTENTION NON-NASCAR FANS: Pass up the next thought.
* Tony Stewart took a big gamble and it cost him dearly. With 1 lap remaining he ran out of gas. It worked for Boyer, but Tony has never been one to be able to conserve fuel. On the last lap he was 2nd in the points standing. By running out of gas and finishing 24th, he is now in 11th place.
* As the season runs down, that will be a huge obstacle in our sport to overcome. It's not impossible and if any team has the knowledge, other than the 48 car, he can do it.
* The Cowboys were just horrible. Offense and Defense. 0-2 is another obstacle that will be hard to come back from, and this is just the beginning.
* That friend I mentioned last week is having surgery tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers if your so inclined.
* The Walmart buggy rant brought out some good comments. Might have to post about another issue I have at that store. Why I continue to shop there is beyond me.
* Hope all is well in your world today, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: