Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

From The Corner Of My Mind

* It's been cold the last few mornings, but not unbearable. When the wind isn't blowing, it's not that bad working in the cold.
* A cozy warm office would be nice though.
* I have a few friends and relatives taking finals this week. Good luck and I have no doubts that you will succeed.
* I am prepared for the weekend.
* I received a strange text yesterday. Totally out of the norm.
* Great news on Cuz: Yesterday while doing therapy he felt pressure in his toes. The therapist had him try to move the toes and he moved them a little. That was exciting news for all of us. His immediate family had a 50th birthday party for him last night at Kindred. His birthday is on Saturday, but some of them will be out of town, so they had a small get together for him. Yesterday his CT scans were sent over to the Spine Doctor. She will evaluate them and determine today whether or not the Halo can be removed. If it can, they will remove it today at 3:30pm and fit him for a neck brace. He will have worn the Halo for 78 days today.
* The countdown is on! W-stepson that is currently in basic training at Fort Benning GA will be home one week from today. He will be here till the 3rd of January and then we will make another trip out there for graduation on the 16-17th of January. From there he will ship out to Hawaii. We don't know the details yet, but it will probably be right after graduation from what we are reading on the Aco Gators Facebook page.
* I'm still loving the MacBook Pro. I can't believe I waited this long to get one. I recently made a movie of the Family Day pictures and it was so easy.
* That was not my opinion on yesterdays post. I just posted it to get YOUR opinion. I think his dishonor of the military that he served in was tasteless and disrespectful. Yes, he should be forgiven. No, it shouldn't be forgotten. True, his 30 minutes of fame will soon be just memory.
* Trevor Brazille and his Heeler made a great run of 4.1 last night. 10 minutes later, a much younger team posted a 3.5 time. Smoked them as we would say in NASCAR!
* Attention Scooter: Has becoming a grandfather caused you to go offline? Or, are you Doomsday prepping? Your peeps are wondering about you my friend!!
* Time for me to get to work, see ya Around The Corner!

2 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Thank God for answered prayer on Cuz!

Shayne said...

I think we can all agree that "Our God is an awesome God" and still performs miracles every day. We are thankful for his continued healing for David and know God will continue to heal him in the future.
I know I do not post comments very often in response to your blog, but I look forward to reading it every day. I am blessed by your comments and sharing in life's daily happenings. Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts with us. Love you!!
Sis