Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, December 10, 2012

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The cold weather made it to Texas. With a brief snow fall.
* I warmed up Black Beauty this morning before leaving. I noticed some snow on the windshield and hood of the soldiers truck. On the way over to Ponder, I was driving the normal speed until I saw the vehicle on top of the 730 overpass in the west bound lane. I then started paying a little closer attention to the bridges. I would have never dreamed that they would have frozen over that fast with the warm temperatures we have had the last few weeks.
* One of the truck drivers on location just told me that he went by at least 5 vehicles on 287 between Bowie and Decatur crashed in the ditch.
* I watched the 10pm news last night. They said all chances of snow were going to be up near the Red River and Witchita Falls. They missed.
* It would not be to bad out there if it wasn't for the wind blowing. It's got a bite to it.
* Group text had a board meeting Friday night. No changes were made to the rules and policies set forth by the Board. We were short one Board member, but a guest set in for her.
* There were some great laughs, and possibly a little gossip.
* The National Finals Rodeo are in full swing out in Vegas. Yea, some of my peeps are headed that way this morning. Driving west, instead of flying.
* W-spouse and I have been watching them on GAC nearly every night so far. Until we go to sleep that is. I suppose I should have TIVO set to record, but I'm not THAT into it.
* I worked the sound board at church Sunday morning. We have been away on the road so much lately, that I haven't gotten a chance to do that.
* The computer at church crashed. The IT guy brought both of his Macs, and did an outstanding job of putting everything together on such short notice. I bet most members didn't even realize what had happened.
* I don't think I could pass a college final exam at my age. I have forgotten how to study. Although I have thought about taking a few courses.
* We still haven't wrapped not one present.
* We are taking the grand babies to see the ICE exhibit one evening this week. Then we are going to make a drive through the TMS Christmas lights.
* Now for the big news. DRUM ROLL PLEASE................. W-spouse and I are going to be grand parents again. Ava G is going to have a little brother or sister in July!!!!
* Have a wonderful Monday, see ya Around The Corner!

3 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Congrats on your news!!! That's awesome. =)

Board meeting...lol

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby!!!! Exciting!!!

an Donalbane said...

Wow, cars in the ditches?

I just had a light dusting on the windshield Monday morning.