Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

From The Corner Of My Mind

* 56 degrees and foggy this morning. There is a slight chance of rain around the Metromess today.
* Our Valentines dinner last night: Sonic
* My post Valentines Day breakfast: McDonalds sausage McMuffin with coffee.
* After work yesterday I pulled the Jeep around back to re-tighten all the bolts on the bumpers. I decided to check the winch bolts and make sure they were seated fully in the bottom. You can't get to the bolts with the front bumper installed, so I removed it. All the bolts were fully seated and still tight. Replaced everything and went back over all the bolts with a torque wrench.
* I will have to check them periodically to ensure that no movement has occurred due the Line X contracting under the winch.
* While under the hood, I noticed that the Jeep has a hood light. It wasn't working so I took it apart. The bulb was broken. After a quick trip to Autozone, I installed the new bulb and it works now.
* I could have used that light during the radiator fiasco.
Countertops are all the rage at our house right now. We will be making the final selection this weekend hopefully. I like Solarius G749 and Bianco Antico G446. Also the Jupurana Antique G626, but it may have to much blue in it. We want to see it firsthand to know for sure.
* The Jeep may have to be put on the back burner for a week or so till this kitchen makeover gets finished.
* W-spouse went from replacing the counter tops, to replacing all the lighting in the kitchen and laundry room, tearing out part of a wall and opening it to see through to the dining room, to repainting the kitchen, dining room and master bathroom. Oh, and lest I forget, back splash all throughout the kitchen with a focal point behind the oven on the wall.
* All I want to do is play with my Jeep.
* Why is it so hard for women to understand that most guys could care less whether they eat off a granite counter top or a wooden box?
* Oh, "but when we entertain quests" she says.
* I can't even remember when someone was in our house other than immediate family members or close friends.
* Can you just imagine what I could do to the Jeep with the funds she is planning on spending on this renovation?
* I better shut up. It might be hard snuggling up to that Jeep every night in bed.
* Most of the above was just poking fun at W-spouse. I'm really excited about changing out those damn blue counter tops that were in the house when we purchased it. They are uggggllllyyy.
* Except the part about standing around deciding which tile, which granite style, which new sink, which new faucet, what color paint.
* Yes honey, I like that one. Yes honey, I like that one also. Yes honey, that one is beautiful. Yes honey, Oh I really like that one. Yes honey, oh that one even matches your hair color. SMACK, what did I say?
* I love you Honey!
* Y'all have a great day, and see ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

Epic_Life said...

At my house, granite is being installed today!
And I quickly learned that the actual slabs may look NOTHING like the pictures, and one set of slabs may look nothing like another set of the same type...

Kathleen... said...

Hey, Epic! You & Mr. Corner need to stock up on rubbing alcohol....that annoyed me at first ["What? No more Clorox Cleanup???], but I quickly grew to love that hospital smell. =)

wspouse said...

Truer words never spoken ... Snuggling up to the jeep may not be warm and cuddly! Don't worry, the kitchen will be spectacular and I'll take all the credit!

David said...

ok did you say matches YOUR hair color...LOL