Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, April 1, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Warmer weather has arrived. Keep your fingers crossed for great weather throughout next weekend. Then bring on the rain to fill the lake up!
* I haven't mentioned this because the last time I mentioned it my plans got changed and I didn't get to do what I had planned. So..........After today, I am off for 9 days. Yep, vacation starts this evening.
* I played an April fools joke on my boss this morning. I had him so mad. He was furious with the situation. I told him one of drivers had dropped the pump off the back of the trailer and broke it. He rant and raved for about 10 minuntes before I reavealed to him that it was an April fools joke.
* Now before you go and think that what I did was cruel, about a year ago, him and two of the Company men that I work for got together and devised an elaborate plan in which he called me and told me that when he had breakfast with them that I had done something wrong the day before and they were releasing me. I was hurt, mad, pissed, confused and they let it go on for about an hour or so. You could have fried an egg on my bald head. Then after they let me brew on it for a while they called and told me it was BS.
* I reminded him of that day and told him that we are even.
* In reality, I hate to do things like that because it usually jumps up and "BITES YOU IN THE BUTT".
* And yes, I have called everyone that I could think of and told them to call him and give him crap about it today.
* My first plan was to make a big announcement on here today that I was shutting the blog down after today. I got to thinking that I didn't have enough readers as it was, and didn't need to make the ones that I have now mad at me. There is still a plan in the works for next year if I am still blogging......so don't forget that.
* W-spouse and I got Madison all to ourselves yesterday evening. She is such a little doll. Always smiling and happy. W-spouse can get her to make some cute sounds and faces, and giggle till they are both tired of giggling.
* BE WARNED....There is going to be a lot of NASCAR related material on here in the next week. If your interested, hang around, if not, please come back and visit later.
* W-daughter #2 house got broken into a couple of days ago. They stole her Wii and her camera/camera bag and all the pictures that were on the SD cards. I will pay a $100 reward for the return of the SD cards with our precious grand-daughters pictures on them.
* My cousin called me last night and he went for his first checkup on his back. He got the green light to start driving as long as he wears his back brace. He can go back to work in about 3 more weeks on light duty.
* My coworker text me yesterday and told me that his wife gets to come home on Monday from rehab. The power of prayer is a wonderful thing.
* Have a great weekend and see ya Around The Corner!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog...hope you decide to keep it going!

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you plan on blogging while your on vacation..Maybe not every day, but check in with us..Yall have fun!
And prayer is a wonderful and powerful thing!
Boyd Fan

Sherri said...

you just go on with that NASCAR junk... we'll hang in there... and i suspect that the majority of your readers will love to hear about the race shennanigans.... you are one of my news sources ha!

amazing that surgery these days is such a minor thing compared to days gone by... i remember when back surgery meant striker frames and months of rehab!

enjoy that vacation!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear good news about your cousin getting to drive & your friend going home from rehab on Monday. I will testify to the power of prayer, also. Have a great weekend. Mo

ashley said...

Please don't take down the blog! I really enjoy reading you!