Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grinder Runaway

Do you remember as a child when you would be playing with a YoYo and you would sling the YoYo down and if you did it just right you could get it to suspend at the end of the string. Then you could touch it to the floor lightly and it would take off rolling real fast. Did you ever do that?

This morning while using my new 7" Makita grinder with a 7" wire wheel on it, I had the trigger lock applied and was grinding away on the welding trailer. As I was applying pressure, it hung and whipped out of my hands falling to the floor with the trigger lock engaged and turning 8000 RPMs. In the first picture you can see where I got it stopped by jumping up and unplugging it. In the second picture you can see where I was working and see the grinder in the background about 25' away. I'm glad it wasn't tied to my finger like the YoYo used to be.






I am currently in a work stoppage due to the NASCAR Nationwide Series race on TV. I have some before and after pictures of the welding trailer to post later.

4 comments:

RPM said...

There is a great belt sander scene in the Adam Corolla film "The Hammer".

tmike said...

Been there done that. I have a picture of half of a cutting disk (the real skinny ones) stuck in the wall after it disintegrated. Funny thing was I had just told my buddy not to put any sideways pressure on it or else it will.......to late.

txtrigger said...

I hate trigger locks

Anonymous said...

Glad it didn't take your finger with it or cause any damage to vehicles or house. Stay safe. Mo