Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

From The Corner Of My Mind

* I watched the weather last night and they said that the low this morning would be around 28-30 degrees. Hmmmm, coming across Denton Creek it showed 19 on my rear view mirror. The sun has yet to break over the horizon where I am at and it is showing 22 right now.
* Have I ever mentioned that I hate cold weather?
* W-spouse came home yesterday and collapsed in the chair. After working just short of 30 hours since Monday morning, I didn't blame her at all.
* I watched the SOTU last night. Up until the point that he said that he would take money away from "Big Oil" and use it elsewhere. He also stated that "If you haven't noticed, that they (making reference to "Big Oil") have taken care of themselves.
* Let it be known, that from that point forward into the future, I have no respect whatsoever for him.
* I do not debate politics, so if you respond with some fancy pants comment, or some "Lawyer Lingo" about this subject, I will probably post the comment but not respond to it.
* I would rather go set at the Clinique counter and watch women put on makeup as I had listen to politics.
* So you ask why did I even start listening to it?  I was trying to broaden my horizons....... :-)
* Cutting it short, the boys are hollering at me, see ya Around The Corner!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt the President was talking about the po-dunk little company you work for, dude. Remember when gas was $4.00 a gallon? That hurt everybody, Big Oil's profits were skyrocketing and it's headed that way again.

txtrigger said...

I'm just amazed you can spell Clinique.

Anonymous said...

He said that we should end taxpayer support of big oil. In other words you and I shouldnot have to give big oil our tax dollars plus the already exorbitant price we pay for gas. Did you realize that the U.S. gov. actually gives price supports to big oil companies.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

You know that it's a world class economist when he addresses you as "dude".

Kathleen... said...

Answers?, I thought the exact same thing. Pfft....

Obama. Beats. Me. Down.

I didn't tune in.

Anonymous said...

i used to get so excited about him having a sudden exit out of office...then i look at Biden and get more nervous, i bet ole Lance a lot chimp sure does second guess picking Biden and his fake teeth

The Angry Squaw said...

I cannot play on this one. I zip a lip on politics and religion.

But I will say, there is not a politician on earth that I will ever believe is in the game 'for the people' and not for themselves. Human nature. Not in the big leagues, anyway.