Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Temps in the 40s this morning with rain forecasted for the evening.
* I hope it holds off till tonight. We need some more rain, I just don't want to work in it.
* W-spouse worked late last night. I went to bed early. When she came home, she snuggled up to me and went to sleep. Of course it woke me up and I stayed awake till midnight watching a movie.
* I now have this nagging cough again. I am sick of being sick.
* W-mom says its allergies. I'm not sure, but I'm tired of having it.
* I'm scared to go around the grandbabies so that I don't give it to them, but I have got to see them before we go away for a few days.
* I have to find time to work on the welder. I just can't seem to fit it in. We have to find the oil leak and fix it, then I have to paint it all.
* I had planned on doing some of that during my vacation. Since I am working the days that I had planned on doing that, I will have to do over a weekend.
* Working is a good thing though. I would much rather be working than not, or having to go back to PA to work.
* We have made some changes to our Sunday Morning worship service. So far, I'm liking it. That is one thing I don't miss about my Southern Baptist roots. I can go back to my old church, and on Sunday morning, they will be singing the same songs and doing the same exact things they were doing when I first went there as a child. Nothing has changed other than the faces in the crowd. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just needed something different.
* I love our church and feel very "At home" there. That is something you wouldn't have heard me say 5 years ago.
* You can thank my wife for urging me to go back to church and just give it another try. I am so glad she did.
* I would love to go home this evening and all the Christmas decorations be put away and stored back in the attic.
* W-stepsons Dodge is back in the transmission shop again. We had it out once, the shop has had it out once, and now its back in again. This time the synchronizers in third gear gave up.
* He got a new base box and new exhaust installed for Christmas in the Dodge. It now sounds good, inside and out. There won't be any sneaking out, because you can hear it all over the neigborhood.
* I need to go check on things, see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

txtrigger said...

We used to just push my friends Road Runner down the street before we fired it up when I snuck out as a teen. ;-)