Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* I am back to the land of the living. I have been suffering from food poisoning since Saturday afternoon. I still have not eaten anything since Saturday. I would kill for a cup of coffee, but W-spouse told me that I had better wait. Yesterday was not pretty in any stretch of the imagination. Today is better. I am about 75% normal. Yes, I worked.
* We had Christmas with Papa and W-mom on Saturday night. Great fun was had by all. We all played Apples to Apples and everyone got to play with the new grandbabies. Papa was very generous with his Christmas presents once again, and it was very appreciated. Papa and W-mom recieved 3 gift certificates to Prontos Italian food in Bridgeport. I'm glad they like to eat there.
* I ordered one of W-spouses gifts through Walmart.com and paid for it through Paypal. I purchased the next day shipping on this item. That was on 12-16-10. It's still not here. I tracked it this morning. It left Reno NV yesterday, flew right over DFW and is now in Memphis TN. Is it just me, or is that a round about way to get to Decatur Tx?
* I have some work to catch up on, see ya Around The Corner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where or what did you eat to get food posioning? Just wondering.
Attended a college graduation Sat. and ate afterwards at a fancy Mexican place, later that afternoon several of us had some problems!!!

aroundthecorner said...

We had Christmas dinner at a local Mexican food place in Bridgeport. I really don't want to say the name of the place, but it's really close to the Allsups store. I have eaten there thousands of times and never had an issue before. I am hoping this was just an isolated event, because there was 17 people in our party and no one but me got food poisoning. I'm the only one that had something with mushrooms though. Since my bout, I have gotten word that a few other people had the same issues that I had last week after eating there. I doubt that it will stop me from going back there because I have been eating there for years and have never had a problem.