Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, December 10, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Saw a low of 32 on the rear view mirror this morning. The weather guru says it going to be 25 Sunday morning.
* This morning I was awaken by the most beautiful woman in the world. She petted on me for 10 minutes. A great way to start the day !!!
* We finally managed to get finished with the Well From Hell yesterday and have moved to another pad with 4 more wells to drill out.
* Thats a good thing for those of you who don't know.
* I know some folks that are leaving for Vegas today headed to watch the last two rounds of the NFR. Bite me!
* I have a cousing that works in the clothing retial market. She has been out there since it started last week. There is no way I could afford to be in Vegas for that long.
* That last point was made from past experience.
* My cousin who lives down south, that wears a badge and carries a gun, got married In Vegas. I tagged along for this wedding, mostly because it was an all expenses paid 3 day vacation :-} One night while there, I eased down to a "Let It Ride" table where 3 hours later I was up near 2 grand. 1 hour later than, I was back down by 500.
* Where I used to work there was a guy that went out to Vegas every two months for the weekend. When he got back you would always ask him, "How did you do?" His answer was always, "I broke even" or "I did OK".
* I have been out there 3-4 times and one thing I figured out real quick is that they didn't build that place on people winning money.
* Our company Christmas party is tonight. It never fails to be a good time.
* I work for a very generous company. You don't get to hear this very often, but, they take care of their employees. I fear the buyout, because that will surely change.
* Both of my 12 volt outlet plugs(cigarette lighters) in my pickup quit yesterday. After yanking the dash out and finally figuring out how to remove them, one of the guys went by the parts house and got me two more new ones. I am now back in working order.
* Yes I checked the fuses, and NO that wasn't the problem.
* I hope you have a great weekend. Be safe and give someone a hug today. See ya Around The Corner!

No comments: