Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, December 6, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The rear view mirror was showing temperature as low as 27 on the drive over this morning. I didn't hear anything about the wet stuff for tomorrow.
* We attended the Central Fellowship Church Christmas party/Pot Luck/ Talent show last night. We had entertainment ranging from Scooby Dooby Doo songs being sung by the younger ones, to Seven Bridges Road sang by our Pastor and Sond leader. It also included a skit from the popular 70s show Hee Haw that kept you rolling with laughter. Fun and fellowship was had by all, and I invite you to attend next year.
* Watching the Eagles cover band last night and listening to the songs they performed has gotten me motivated. I am going to TRY to learn a chord this week on guitar. I need to get back to practicing.
* My dad and step-mother cam up from East Texas this weekend and stayed with us. We had some of the kids over along with sister and b-law. We had Pizza on Saturday night and W-spouse prepared a wonderful breakfast on Sunday morning. The breakfast casserole was amazing W-spouse, thanks for all your hard work.
* Saturday morning found us at Aunt Bonnies having our Christmas with the Watson family. All of the brother and sisters were there and I didn't even get a picture. Shouldn't have missed that. I missed a 4 generation picture with Madison and my dad also.
* I don't have much time this morning, it's already time to get out in the cold. See ya Around The Corner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's an interesting thought....people at mom's house from age 84 down to Madi!!! Man I am sure there are some great stories in all those years!!!!

Love you....Glad I got to see your dad!!!

Juanita

aroundthecorner said...

You know, there were 4 generations there also. But I can get that picture nearly anytime. I love to listen to your mother tell her stories. A fond memory of this past summer was at the lake and listening to her for 2 hours. Stories of getting dressed to go to church in a wagon, wheat thrashers, driving cars.....and so on. Great times, and I so dearly love her. Yeah yeah, you also!