Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The weather is a lot cooler this morning. Winter is here.
* Winter is not my favorite time of the year. I'm more of a hot summer day on the lake type of guy.
* The snow was pretty at Christmas time last year. For about an hour, then I was over it.
* W-spouses brother and his wife have been in Greece on vacation. Call me jealous.
* W-sister in law that lives in Austin is preparing Thanksgiving for the family again this year. She goes all out and does nearly all the work herself. She has never failed to prepare a wonderful meal and a beautiful setting.
* Two years ago, while we were there, the wine had ran out. I'm not a "stand by and watch" person. So naturally I popped the cork on another bottle and put it on to chill. Well W-sister in law walked by and saw the wrong color wine in the ice bucket and,...... well lets just say, I recieved a Wine Book For Dummies book for Christmas that year.
* She was worried it would offend me. I'm so easily embarrased you know.
* I'm still torn about jailbreaking my phone. I want to, but I'm scared to do it.
* We went and visited both our grandbabies last night. One slept the whole time we were there, the other fought sleep the whole time we were there.
* Gran has to know that she can't hold them ALL the time. Poppi needs some love too.
* This morning when the alarm went off I hit the snooze button. Which I rarely do. When the snooze went off W-spouse was all snuggled up to me. Thats a great way to start any morning.
* REMINDER: Start hitting the snooze button more often.
* Over at Liberally Lean, he speaks often of wrong way drivers on our roads. I think he's on to something for a change. There seems to be one in the news every week. That one yesterday was bad, really bad.
* I have been on a natural high all week. I so wish I could keep that feeling forever.
* I don't HAVE to, I GET to.
* We don't HAVE to, we GET to.
* I keep saying that over and over.
* I hope you have a blessed day, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: