Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Its very humid outside this morning. A few rain drops fell over by Denton earlier this morning.
* Yesterday a lady passed away that touched my heart and filled my mind with endless Bible stories. I can remember as a young child in the room down the hall, at Pleasant View Baptist during Sunday school, on the right, where the hot water heater was, that is where she stood every Sunday morning during the summers I used to spend here. She was always giving us cookies during Vacation Bible school. She would always have sweet things to say about us children. Looking back, I thought of her more like an Aunt, or another Grandmother. Her and her husband would always come over to my grandparents house when we made homeade ice cream and we would all sit around the yard and visit. Derinda, if you read this, It took many people to shape and mold me into the person that I have become today, and your mother had a hand in that. I will forever cherish her kindness, sweetness and her guidance. You will be greatly missed Helen Crockett.
* My Aunt and Uncle have landed safely back in Houston.
* It looks like we will be making a trip down to Austin for Thanksgiving and back that evening because W-spouse has to work the next day.
* We watched a documentary last night about two military guys swimming the Strait Of Gibraltar to raise money for the Veterans. Very touching show.
* Caught up the TIVO from the weekend. Thumbs up goes to Empire Boardwalk, I think I'm going to like it afterall.
* Sons Of Anarchy, ahhhh so so.
* I didn't watch the CMAs last night for the first time in years. I feel the need to boycott the mainstream Nashville sound.
* When W-spouse came to bed, she turned it on, and I did catch Jeff Gordon doing a Brad Paisley impression. W-spouse laughed, I didn't. Hes a GOOBER
* One year ago today, I arrived back in Texas. I had been working in Pennsylvania for a while.
* Hope you have a great day, see ya Around The Corner!

3 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

The thought occurs to me that maybe you should be thankful that W-spouse likes GOOBERS. lol I have a new question for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Helen was an amazing lady. Saddened to hear of her passing.

wspouse said...

Sometimes I'm jealous that I don't have stories to tell about going to church and vacation bible school when I was a kid. Or routine summer visits with aunts, uncles, and cousins. Not that I don't have stories, just don't share alot of them with my boys!:)
Derinda you are in my thoughts and prayers.