Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* Day one at the races was quite busy.
* One of our campers from Houston rolled in at 5:30am this morning.
* I was up, so I went over to say hello. They were already well on their way to the no pain stage. They wanted me to do a Crown Royal shot. "I don't think so Skippy".
* I just don't sleep well without W-spouse snuggled up beside me.
* W-spouse doesn't sleep well ever.
* They supply 1 trash can per 2 camp spots out here. We stole one from across the road last evening. A lady security guard busted us. After some ribs and brisket, she had changed her mind about arresting us and filing charges. ;)
* Her and her husband live in Poolvile. They both take time off from their regular jobs to move out here for 2 weeks to work security.
* That is one of the things I like about camping out here and NASCAR, you meet all kinds of people and make a lot of friends that the sport brings together.
* Cooking food on the smoker seems to draw neighbors together also. We had a few stragglers through camp last night for a sample of our wares.
* NASCAR has a program called "The drive for diversity". It has predominately been a "white" sport. In the last 5 years that has changed. W-preggo daughter is having a bi-racial daughter. My plan is to hook my grandchild on NASCAR and do my part to support the cause. :-)
* Did we just go from 90 degree temps to 30 degree temps in a few days?
* Note to self, get the boat winterized next week!
* I'm laying in bed typing this in a pair of Tony Stewart sleep pants and shirt. I'm pretty sure that most of you would find that humorous.
* I don't like Matt Lauer.
* W-spouse bought Oreos for this week. Quess what I had for breakfast?
* I don't think that was on the list of things for me to eat that y'all commented about the other day.
* Hope your enjoying the updates. More to come, see ya Around The Corner!

3 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Oreos? I guess it's a pipe dream to ask to save a couple for me. (if you don't, i may have to rat you out about seeing you in Dos Chiles this week. lol)

mzchief said...

* Duuuhhh!!! Of course you wear Tony Stewart sleep pants...*:)

* Let me get this straight, as far as you are concerned W-preggo is giving you a two-fer in that you will have another precious granddaughter and a new NASCAR fan? I can live with that...*LOL*

* If you eat just something sweet with a high glycemic level, get up and walk or do some cardio. It helps the pancreas and your glucose level.

Unknown said...

I dont think so!