Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Welder Project


Nope, this isn't mine, but I hope mine will look like this in a few months!





The doors that you see on each side that cover the engine compartment were priced at $350 each x 2. We won't be needing any of those.




4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Oooh! Ahhh!

Nice looking rig, to be sure. But, based on your progress thus far, I think you'll fabricate something looking just as good for a fraction of the cost.

$350 per door panel? Sheesh!

I wish my welds didn't look like something a sick goose left behind. I can get by enough to repair a power tool or yard implement, but it's strictly utilitarian. My dad, on the other hand, a white collar worker his entire career, makes the prettiest welds that scarcely even need a kiss from the grinder.

aroundthecorner said...

W-blaw has ordered the emblems. I would love to have the doors but that is way too much to spend. Might try to find some used ones later. I also might have to find a muffler like this one. Mine is loud! Thnaks for following along!

Rod-burner said...

FYI, Do some research before you put a muffler on one of the older welders. Some of the older welders say that any type of muffler will cause motor to overheat and possibly warp the head. They were made for a straight pipe. I just had a warped head re-machined on my '56 short hood and it cost $1600. I was told that it had a muffler on it at some point in the past (prior to my ownership) and caused the head to warp. Just a warning to do research. However it was well worth the money, best machine I have ever welded with.

aroundthecorner said...

Thanks Rodburner for the info. Things like that are good to know. Actually the only things I have welded thus far have been within 2-5 feet of the welder. When I get the leads strung out it probably won't be so noticeable.