Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* I am working today, something I haven't done on a Saturday in a while. This is a good thing!
* I took pictures yesterday of the Blue Angels practicing. I forgot my camera today. What a Goob!
* We watched a Bruce Willis movie last night, a newer one. Cop Out, I think was the name. If he was a real policeman and held his weapon like that while shooting, he would be ridiculed beyond embarrassment.
* Funny movie, although there were many F-bombs dropped throughout the show.
* I am not old fashioned by any means, but why can't there be a funny movie without naked scenes, f-bombs, and smoking pot?
* Yesterday at Talladega Speedway, there were two cars drafting well over 200mph. I heard on the Nascar channel this morning where at one point the two cars, while drafting, touched 208mph.
* Not Chevy, not Ford, not Dodge........Toyotas!
* There has been talk because of the economy and decline in ticket sales, because of the economy, that NASCAR brass is talking to foreign car and engine manufacturers about the possibility of entering the NASCAR circuit. BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagon, Porche, Volvo.
* I know VW makes cars other than the Beetle, but that wouldn't look right for a VW bug to come down the backstretch at Talladega in to turn 3 at 200 mph.
* You can tell where my mind is at this weekend.
* We had a piece of equipment ordered for 7am. It's now 45 minutes after that time and it's not here. I was supposed to be here by 7am. I was here at 6:15am.
* I hate being late for anything. Early is my way. W-spouse and I are not eye to eye on this!
* I am in a moral dilema. I have an Iphone 3g. I pay to internet tether the device through my carrier for $35 a month for 2 gigs of service. If I go over that amount it is $10 per additional 1gig. I can jailbreak my phone, and do it for free. Now before you jump to any conclusions. I pay for the multimedia package already that allows me to access the internet on my phone unlimited. I also pay the extra $35 for internet tethering (to hook up to my laptop). Why should ATT charge me for both? I don't understand why if I am already paying for the internet, why charge me more just to tether it? I think it is just a way for them to get more money out of us/me. If I jailbreak my phone then I can do it for free, Is that stealing?

EDIT: This was supposedly posted at 7am this morning. I quess I didn't hit the send button....again, what a goob.

3 comments:

txtrigger said...

hubby would say it is stealing.... But we do not always see eye to eye.

Anonymous said...

ok where did your e-mail address go on the whole jail breaking issue. I got a iphone and was wanting to know somethings... please help me thanks.

aroundthecorner said...

Go to Denny Cranes blog, scroll down a week or so back, all the liks are there.