Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* The stars are very bright again this morning, and it's very cool out, my rear view mirror is saying 53!
* Seeing lights in the sky reminded me of this. YM, you may not be as crazy as you think. This morning on the radio there were reports over around Frisco and Denton of people seeing some odd lights in the sky.
* Check out this painting here. Help the gal out if you wish. Good job!
* I hate painting. Inside, outside, walls, doors or anything else. Although I'm looking forward to painting the welding trailer and seeing the finished results.
* Had a hit yesterday on my stat counter from Maidenhead, Windsor And Maidenhead, United Kingdom. I typed that exactly like it showed up so I have no clue. The referring link was hidemyass.com. Maybe it was the Queen.
* I posted another Ranger reference last night on Facebook during the game. I asked what night the game came on because I didn't want to miss it. Yep, someone took it serious.
* That kid pitching last night for SF has some long hair. And another pitcher had a weird beard. I haven't watched baseball in years, but it has become just like any other sport. It's all about ME ME ME. Good athletes trying to get all the attention they can in any way they can.
* One of my pet peeves is for a player to make a great play and then ruin it by beating on his chest or prancing around looking up into the stands trying to draw more attention to the play.
* I don't know if that last bullet point was understandable. I despise players that try to draw attention to themselves after making a good play.
* Kind of like Keith Brooking(sp). All that hollering and screaming before a game. If he used all the energy towards knocking the crap out of somebody he would have 30 tackles a game. Instead he had 1 last Monday night. Our son calls him a beast, I say he's a good player with a lot of blow.
* Gotta run, see ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

I'm with you on the celebrations over every little thing. How about...just do your job. You know, the one that you're getting paid big money to do. The great Tom Landry said it best, "Act like you've been there before".

YM said...

Thanks for the shout out!
And the encouragement.

Jarhead™ said...

Lou Holtz always told his players at Notre Dame: If you're gonna call attention to yourself when you make a good play then you damn well better do the same when you make a bad play.

Shayne said...

By the way, W-B-Law got the stickers for the welder. Getting closer to completion.