Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, October 18, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* I didn't have a day job today so I worked on the welding trailer all day.
* I'm just now getting around to blogging.
* It was another busy weekend at Around The Corner. I worked over at W-moms and W-preggo daughters house all day Saturday. W-spouse spent most of the day with Ava Grace and Dee, then attended a bachlorette party. Sunday found us at Sunday school and worship service at church. Then W-stepson and I re-installed the differential in the Dodge.
* We stopped by Walmart and purchased some new front speakers for the Dodge, one was busted and one wasn't working. We then installed them.
* The Dodge is ready to roll now. W-stepson gets his license in 2 weeks!
* Watched some of the Cowboys on Tivo. That was a waste of time.
* Sunday night found us watching Boardwalk Empire. Another waste of time. I don't know why I even keep watching it.
* W-sister and W-blaw are coming to see us this next weekend. I'm thinking they need to go to GoGo Gumbo!
* After working on the Dodge for the last 3 weeks, I have tools scattered all over "hells half acre". I used to say that a lot. Wonder where I came up with that?
* W-dog just let wind fly and just about ran us out of the living room.
* Lowes is to me what Sam Moon is to W-spouse.
* I could just go walk through the tools everyday.
* I should be through with the fabrication tomorrow on the welding trailer. Another couple of hours, then we remove the welder and prep and paint.
* W-spouses Iphone 4 takes better pictures than my I phone 3 does.
* I start back to my regular schedule and company man on Wednesday. Nearly a month since I have worked over there. Its been to long.
* The Nascar races are in two weeks. A week of non stop racing and camping. YEE HAA
* I'm going to bed, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: