Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, October 15, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind



* My view to the east was spectacular this morning. As the sun was coming up a plane flew over and the sun reflecting off the vapor trail was beautiful. The pictures from my phone of it looked grainy. These were much better.
* The pictures here reflect my mood this morning.  It's like earlier this week it was dark, now it is Friday and I see the light appearing representing the weekend.
* I have been in "cell phone hell" the last 2 weeks on this location and I have struggled just to get things posted on here. Next week I should be back on my regularly scheduled program!
* The cabinet and pantry for W-preggo daughters house have been stained and are ready for installation. The shelving has been painted and is also ready to be installed. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
* I had a lot of comments on the Question Of The Day yesterday. Had to delete one. I'm pretty sure that Sili would have posted it.
* W-spouse and I had a very quiet dinner together last evening. We went to a local place and had BBQ. As we finished our meal and were enjoying conversation, one of the employees came and sat/sit/set at a table near ours and lit up a cigarette. The section we were in said nothing about it being a smoking section. Now mind you, I used to smoke and know many people that do. I have nothing against them doing that. It has gotten in the last few years that when I am in a closed environment with smokers that it just kills me. Anyway, it was a perfect evening up until that point.
* When we got home, the evening got better. A couple of hours alone allowed us to just be able to talk, and catch up on the week. I enjoyed it dear, hope we can do it again soon!
* W-spouse could have gone and done other things, but she chose to spend the evening with me. She's a keeper!
* We then went to Walmart where I purchased a new mouse for my laptop and printer ink for the home PC.
That ink cost more than the printer did.
* I saw two cousins while there. Who would have thought it?
* The Eagles play in Lake Worth tonight. I need to Google that later to find the stadium. Mercedes friends will be slumming it down tonight and riding in a GMC pickup.
* Mercedes friends supply us with candy during the ball games. He and I usually have Bottle Caps, something I don't need :)
* Apparently some debit card numbers got compromised at our banking intstitution. I had to get another card. I now have to go to all my accounts and change the number. So far the only one I have changed is my I-tunes account.
* That is the second time in as many years that has happened.
* Have a great day, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: