Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Friday, September 24, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* W-spouse worked all night. She got called back in about 6 pm last night, worked till around 5am, came home and we visited for about 30 mins and got called back in, arriving back home about 8am this morning. Needless to say that she passed out upon arrival.
* I'm answering phones at the office this morning. Jack of all trades!
* W-stepson woke me up with some awful music blarring down the hall this morning. Not a good thing. Might have to repay that in the morning.
* That's probably not going to happen. I would be in bad trouble.
* Grandbaby #2 due date and the Nascar race weekend are very close. I'm struggling with which takes priority.
* Not really.
* I did it again. Sitting vs Setting in a previous post. I should have just used "lying around" or would that be "laying around" or "lieing around".
I'm so confused.
* My yard needs this rain shower but the Decatur Homecoming Parade doesn't.
* I'm purchasing an older Lincoln Welder from a friend this weekend. I can't wait to start building a few things again.
* A shop building would be so nice to have.
* I'm looking for an old trailer to put it on ??????
* This Pc that I'm on right now is slow, very slow, and the keyboard is nasty.
* Hit and run motorcycle fatality in Ft Worth last night. You hear this a lot now days, but I still miss my Matilda.
* Phones are ringing, see ya Around The Corner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion I saw a while back and would like to do. Find an old 2 horse bumper pull trailer, and put your welder in it. Works great, keeps weather off and has storage in the "tack area". The one I saw cut the sides and put hinges to fold up for air flow and access to welder. They are also really cheap if you can find one

Unknown said...

You sure are giving me a hard time about the NASCAR/Baby weekend :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Trouble with "sitting" and "setting"?

Seriously, do you not know the difference between "your" and "you're" either?

From previous posts, and your consistency in using "your" incorrectly in place of "you're" - it would seem not.

aroundthecorner said...

Yes I know the difference. I just don't pay close enough attention and proof read like I should. I sure hope this does not offend you in such a way that you would not enjoy reading my blog. Or not!