Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

From The Corner Of My Mind

* I'm working today. Thanks Lord for listening to my prayers.
* I'm only running on about 3/4 speed though.
* The shot did its job. About 4pm yesterday I started functioning again.
* It's Homecoming week in Decatur. Lots of events scheduled for tomorrow.
* Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. Rain and Homecomings don't mix well together.
* W-spouse had many happy birthday wishes on Facebook. I only got about 10. I know who's more popular in our household.
* She and I have added the Hey Tell app to our phones. Hers works fine. After hearing the first message on mine the volume is so low I can't hear it. I may have to download it again.
* I need to turn my location service off though. I don't like her tracking me.
* Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday.
* The physician that I went to yesterday was the one that initially treated me for the spider bite. When she walked into the room she greeted me by saying "Hello Spiderman". I thought I was going to bust out laughing, even as bad as I felt.
* Again I say, I won't ever live that down.
* My friend is recovering well from surgery on Tuesday. Thanks for the prayers.
* W-spouse went to Ft Worth yesterday. She told me she had a Doctors appointment for an above the waist and below the neck diagnosis. She came home with 2 new pair of shoes, some Capri pants and multiple blouses.
* I think it was all a grand scheme while I was not feeling good. She went shopping and knew I didn't feel like griping at her about it.
* The tests all came back negative. She's good to go for another year!
* My across the street neighbors daughter had a wreck yesterday . I saw a rent vehicle in the driveway this morning as I left for work.
* I saw a link, I believe it was over at Bag Of Nothings place, a while back about marriages. It had the odds of staying married if it was your first, second or third marriage. It also showed how those odds dropped dramatically if there were children blended into that.
* Its not easy folks, but very doable if you both listen to each other without first jumping to conclusions about the situation. Mark me down for that problem. I will be concentrating on that issue in the next few months to see if I can get better about it.
* We went over to W-preggo daughters house last night to see the babys room that her and her mom have been working on. They did a very good job. The furniture that her and Granny D picked up looked great in there. I will try to get some pictures up later.
* I've been looking at things in our house that will have to be child-proofed in the very near future. That is going to be a task in itself. Just covering the exposed wall plugs and putting locks on cabinets is going to cost a fortune.
* We have already purchased a Pack and Play and a bouncy swing for our house. One thing we don't have is any baby books or baby toys. I see another shopping trip coming soon.
* Gotta go make some money, see ya Around The Corner!

No comments: