Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

From The Corner Of My Midnight Mind

* Can't sleep so I'm blogging.
* I can't imagine having to get up every day and put on a suit and tie for work.
* I am so uncomfortable in a tie. I suppose you could get used to it.
* What made me think of that? A blogger that I follow has to dress up every day.
* I also know him well enough to know that he makes the big bucks.
* Maybe I should purchase a suit. Probably wouldn't help my income :)
* It's not fair that you can't file share within Itunes. I mean in the manner of not being able to sync two computers without it erasing the others information. Or am I missing something?
* We have a lot of songs on our Itunes. I also use another file sharing program to get some songs.
* Yes I pay for most of them. Some are free though.
* Itunes updated recently to a different format. I have not gotten used to it yet.
* This grammar issue has me typing a sentence and erasing it, then typing it again, then studying it, then erasing it again, then typing it back like I had it to start with. Why do I even care?
* Looking to my left I see a guitar that has not even been picked up in two weeks. I'm upset with myself for not taking the time to do that.
* One of our closest friends son(he is 12) broke his leg playing football this evening. Her first response on Facebook was "No more football". I'm going to be telling her how I felt about that.
* I like football, I repeat, I LIKE FOOTBALL. I just have a grudge against high school football and all that it stands for. It stems from having two girls. One a cheerleader, the other a band member. Neither program had the support that the football team did, but each one was there for every game.
* You don't have to give me the reasons why, I already know and hear it on a regular basis. Still don't make it right.
* I still go and support our son every week and help when I can because I feel like it's the right thing to do.
* I mowed yesterday but didn't get to use the weedeater. I kind of wished it had lights. I just might go out there and fire it up.
* I used to work with a guy at the rock crusher on the night shift. When he got off at 2am he would go home and mow. He did it because his neighbor, who knew that he slept during the day, would mow while he tried to sleep. I always thought that was funny.
* My mom used to call and wake me up back then and she would say "Did I wake you up"? I would answer "Nope, I had to get up and answer the phone anyway, it was ringing". She didn't think that was as funny as I did.
* W-mom has 2 more weeks in her boot and she will be free to run again. She has already hobbled down to the dock and went fishing in the boat with Papa a few times.
* I have way to much to do tomorrow to be awake right now, so I will see ya Around The Corner!

1 comment:

janneba said...

getcha one of those lights you wear around your head, when I was growing up 100 years ago they were called carbide lamps.LOL