Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, August 30, 2010

* Thanks for the banner link fix. You know who you are!
* We had a wonderful visit with the In-laws Sunday. Even got to see the grandbaby!
* Being old enough to be a grandparent worried me at first. I'm kind of growing in to it now.
* This month went by fast.
* Opening day of dove season is the 1st of September. I once hunted doves, something that I haven't done in twenty years or so.
* I also used to deer hunt. Hunting has always been a big thing on my dads side of the family and I used to hunt every chance I got. Not so much now. I would rather pick up the Canon (Canon camera not something you put cannon balls in) and shoot them.
* Why the change? I't just doesn't appeal to me like it used too.
* Let it be known right now, I don't have anything against anyone hunting or owning guns. I still hunt on occasion and own a few guns. I just don't make it a life passion as I once did.
* I have one daughter that would rather be hunting or fishing than anything else. The other could care less.
* Another family fact. My mothers side of the family likes to fish, my dads side of the family hunts.
* We came back from Austin yesterday via the 281 route. High fencing is sure getting popular in the Hill country.
* W-brother-in-law got an Ipad and uses it everyday for email and correspondence. He wishes that he had it years ago. He also plays Words With Friends on it. Something I would have never expected from him.
* We both share the fact that we like John Grisham novels.
* We also both share the fact that we like Ipads.
* NOTE TO W-SPOUSE********MAKE SURE AND READ ABOVE BULLET POINT
* I don't have an Ipad.................................."YET".
* I also play Words With Friends. I also cheat at it, but win very rarely.
* I got new tires for my company pickup Saturday. It's amazing the difference in the ride and drive.
* The brand of tires I had on here didn't last but 40k miles. My manager has nearly 60K on the basically the same type vehicle.
* I had one that was nearly bald and a front one that had a bad shimmy in it.
* W-stepson took over the driving responsibilities on the last leg of our trip yesterday. He's a pretty good driver but if I had to listen to his mother gripe at me like she did yesterday at him, I think I would opt out of the driving thing and start riding a bus :)
* That last bullet point will cost me.
* See ya Around The Corner!

No comments: