Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Monday, August 23, 2010

* Sunday started at Central Fellowship, then off to the lake with family and friends. Good times!
* Had planned Saturday to go buy some new work clothes and take advantage of the tax free weekend. That didn't happen, so I'm going today.
* Saturday night Kyle Bush won the Nascar Sprint cup race. What's so special about that? He made history by winning all three of the major races on the same weekend. Craftsman Truck race, Nascar Nationwide series race and the Nascar Sprint Cup race. He's arrogant, rude, and his ego has no boundaries. BUT, you can't deny that he can drive a race car, probably as good as anyone in the mix right now.
* I wonder if I've ever made history? Probably nothing very significant.
* For all of you that are thinking about a certain spider bite and it's location. That wasn't making history, It's happened before. So there!
* I saw and overheard a couple of kids this morning at the Shell station in Haslet this morning getting gas talking about going to school this morning. They were dressed like they had just gotten out of bed.
* I come from a very strict Southern baptist upbringing were you always dressed nice for church. No matter that you had just cleaned the milk barn or scraped the lot. You still took a bath and dressed nice.
* The church where we attend, flip flops and shorts are the norm. I'm pretty sure that Jesus didn't wear Wranglers and Ropers. Probably more like a robe and flip flops of some kind.
* That is one of many reasons that my family worships there. Our church is a non-denominational, outreach-focused church. They try real hard to tear down every possible cultural or religious barrier that would keep a person from coming to church.
* I need to practice my guitar this week. If I praticed it as much as I pay attention to this blog, I could probaby be as good as Slash by the end of the week.
* W-mom won't understand that last reference.
* Having trouble posting pictures to my blog via I-Phone. Text is no problem. I've read some troubleshooting, but it hasn't worked yet.
* The water temperature of the lake yesterday wasn't very refreshing. It was ok in the deeper water, but near the shore it was really hot.
* I haven't wakeboarded this year. I did many times last year. I have this fear now of getting hurt. Blowing a knee out of breaking an ankle and missing work. It's just not worth it.
* One of my greatest joys is teaching and watching others learn to do it though. After they get up on the water, the smile on their faces makes it all worth it!
* Check out this song. "From A Table Away" by Sunny Sweeney. I hope you like it, I do.
* See ya Around The Corner!

No comments: