Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

* It's so humid out here this morning, you could cut the air with a knife.
* I lived in Houston for the first 13 years of my life, and in Nacogdoches till I graduated high school. Both places where humidity is the norm.
* One of my long time dear friends mother is currently very sick and in the hospital. Her mother taught our Sunday school class for a few years when I was young. Fond memories.
* Same friend had baby skunks for pets when we were younger. I thought that was funny.
* Currently reading an article in Readers Digest that suggests that your spouse and you need to share comical moments together. It gave examples of couples that their marriage had "flat lined" when they didn't share the same views of what was comical.
* W-spouse and think a lot of the same things are funny. We also think that some are not. I'm pretty sure we haven't flat lined. If anything, there is many curves!
* We have some friends that live in Glen Rose that we don't get to see near enough.
* In the next 15 years we are going to have a family conflict. I can assure you. With grand kids at the same age on both sides of the Big Sandy I can see it coming.
* Football and raging hormones are currently all the rage at our house.
* Funny story. W-spouse calls Papa and says, "do you and Granny want season tickets?". He says, "I don't think so". Gives phone to Mom. Mom tells W-spouse "Why yes we want them". Hangs up phone. Papa says, "Granny, season tickets are going to be $800-900 each". She says, " Oh they wont be that much". He says OK and shrugs it off.....
* Few days earlier Papa and I had a conversation regarding the new Cowboys stadium and that we wanted to go see them play in it this year. Can you see where this is going? Papa thought he was getting all of us season tickets to the Cowboys and in reality it was to the Decatur Eagles.
* Maybe we should have played that out longer. I think Papa was feeling generous!
* I love the Texas Hill Country. In-Laws all live there and I'm envious of them. If only the Barnett Shale were there.
* I have really gotten in to Texas Country music the last few months.
* Monday night on the Antiques Roadshow a lady had a 50s model Fender Esquire guitar that her father played back in the day. It was worth $35k.
* I need new tires for my company pickup and I am dreading even mentioning it.
More to come!

No comments: