Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. Harvey S. Firestone

The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find these unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in persons with whom you are going to spend most of your waking hours.

Some people get spiritual because they see the light and some people get spiritual because they feel the heat!

How do you know if you're truly a servant? See how you react the next time someone treats you like one.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

* In the last month, I have been hospitalized for three days, my mother has had surgery, my dad has had surgery,and I was at the Hospital for the birth of our first grand-daughter.
* I don't want to see another Hospital for a long time.
* All the above are recovering just fine and I have been back at work for three weeks now.
* In case your wondering why I was in the Hospital. Black Widow spider bite. The location of the bite was unique in itself. Let's just say it was below the waist and above my thighs. The location of the bite has been just fine since about two hours after the bite. The symptoms of the venom lasted for nearly two weeks.
* Kick the porta-potties before you use them.
* This heat wave has been tortuous to work in. Actually taking your breath away a few days.
* I am slowly learning more and more Spanish. Why? I don't have a clue. I think it would be neat to communicate in another language, and the guys I work with everyday are Spanish.
* I have also picked up an Acoustic Guitar and am trying to learn the chords by watching YouTube videos.
* I/We are in the process of selling our Motor home. We had two very interested parties look at it last week and said they wanted it. Later calling to say they had changed their minds. Disappointing to say the least.
* How in the world can Decatur and Bridgeport support the number of hotels/motels that they have?
* I can remember when driving to Ft Worth to go to the mall was a twice a year thing. Now I do it nearly everyday. Sometimes twice or three times.
* That drive was all country then till you got to loop 820. Now the country stops at Rhome.
* I will, in the future, share with you some stories from the past. Some may be unbelievable.
* The spider bite was the first one. Believe it!

2 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey Wendell, if you want you add this to Wednesday Rambles on my blog over at Screwed Up Texan. Crazy Texas Mommy started it and we're trying to get it going.

YM said...

A couple of years ago someone my ex worked with suffered a black widow spider bite in a very delicate location while in a porta potty out on location. I guess this happens more often than one would think. Glad you're recovered.